How'd it go today?

Jonny,

Can't expand on our most excellent system on a public internet forum. You never know who is lurking in the shadows. I am not giving you a line of crap though. For once I am actually serious.

Nope estimates don't take me long, Maybe I need to talk to the client more? I just look at it, ask what they want, give them my price and a card. Simple, direct, done.

That's how I roll. Any longer than 10 minutes... it's a consult, not an estimate.

So you quickie guys don't try to make a sale, I guess? I'm not in the biz, so what do I know, but seems like a little more time with a prospective client, conveying why you're the one they should want to hire, would bring a much better win rate.

There are many ways to convey professionalism without meeting a prospective client.

Burn, in my experience... either they want the work done, or they're just fishing. I'm not gonna spend half an hour with someone to explain why they should hire me.

Mind you trees isn't my main game anymore, so if they're calling me... it's probably a referral, anyways.

Like Bill's signature says, this is tree work, not rocket science. :lol:

QUOTE=NeTree;456126]either they want the work done, or they're just fishing. I'm not gonna spend half an hour with someone to explain why they should hire me.[/QUOTE]

:thumbup::thumbup:[

I did two estimates today and it took me a couple of hours. Most of it driving. We started on an apartment job today. Got 4 fruitless mulberries done.

I know I'm far from the average consumer of services...but I'd not be enthused by a slam-bam bid process, certainly not if it was a job with significant money attached to it, whatever that number might be :).

No matter, I was just curious.

I dont do estimates anymore, but when I did, I didnt think 30 minutes was excessive. Some estimates take that long to estimate. Some take 5 or 10 minutes. But to say any and every estimate should only take 10 minutes is a blanket statement.
But then again, I prequalified my leads, and had a high close rate..........I didnt NEED to race around writing 25 estimates in a day.

Each market is different, I would love to do less estimates for the same amount of monetary outcome but we have smaller trees up here and need more jobs done daily in order to pay the bills.

I here ya.... its all dependant on the local market I suppose. Just to give perspective. In 2002, I wrote an estimate for $87,000. It took me almost 2 full days to gather the required information, view the site and draft the proposal.

I didnt get that job.

Back