How'd it go today?

Kiddo, I don't think you can take the test till you are 21. I believe you have to have 3 years of experience and the experience does not count till you are legally allowed to work in this industry. In order to legally work in this industry you have to be 18.

Actually Gigi, you only have to be 18 to operate specific equipment within the industry.There is no minimum age requirement (other than what the dept of labor says) You do need 3 years of verifiable experience, but it can be anything within the green industry. Feasibly, a young kid who mowed lawns for 3 years could be eligible.

Cool.

I wanna build mine into a "doghouse" this summer, so after I get the garage cleaned up, I can move all my tools in.

Project #182,233. :dur:

Two stumps done and the rest of the early afternoon scraping wet dirt. You know the kind that is not wet enough to be mud but the thick gumbo kind that just builds up in a thick layers.

Heck of a day today, instead of craning out a bunch of lombardy poplars, my employers infinite wisdom led us to attack them with the fire truck...which will end up taking a solid day longer. I wash my hands of their nonsense. We got 5 brushed out, ready to chunk and haul the wood tommorrow, and 1 to tackle with the 75ft bucket. All previously topped, nasty rotten and most of all, smelly. I put 7 tanks of fuel through the 200t and the fellas got 5 and a half loads of chips! Glad there was 5 of us on that one. Tommorrow will be fun.

As a humourous aside, I found a Kong (the dog toy) in one of the trees and tried to throw it so it would land where Chris (who has a dog) would see. Well....he sure saw it alright, it popped the not so good new guy right in the back of the head! I felt bad and apologized profusely, but I'm sure it didn't help that the first reaction of everyone on the crew was to laugh for a solid 5 minutes.

The guys who have worked with me a while know I'll never bean anybody with anything on purpose, unless I'm screwing around and it's something small. I'll never throw anything at somebody who is working. :evil:

Oh my the wind did blow last night .I dodged tree limbs in the road on the way to work at 5:30 AM . After work I noticed a few trees blown over .Not much damage here but I imagine Tom might have gotten a few calls .

Took out a pine in lake mary, gave 15 estimates. Not to bad some decent removals on the books.

Took out a pine in lake mary, gave 15 estimates. Not to bad some decent removals on the books.

Bill, how does one do fifteen estimates in one day? Were they all next door to each other and the homeowners there? I just GOTTA know how you managed this neat feat; I wanna be that good.

A combo of the 2, pine took 40 minutes, all the estimates were within 10 minutes of each other.

Went to storage locker auctions today. 3 different sites and 37 lockers up for bid and I only bid on 1. People sure store alot of crap! The best part of it all was people watching, there are some weird cats who go to these things, prob 75 people there and 50 of them where "very unique" to put it kindly.

Nope estimates don't take me long, Maybe I need to talk to the client more? I just look at it, ask what they want, give them my price and a card. Simple, direct, done.

My record is 62 estimates in a 10 hour day. I average about 20-25 estimates a day during the busy part of the season. I got 18 done today in between going to the auctions.

With a lot of competition, giving profitable estimates that bring in a lot of jobs must be a advanced skill to acquire, or a talent.

I just do everything as quick as possible, half the time I won't even take a lunch break. Time is money.

Back