How'd it go today?

Fantastic, Skwishey. Working solo is great but with some stuff it's advantageous to have a second set of hands. Also good for a morale boost. I hope he works out well for you. :)

Yah we still have to see how we work together, but I liked that he wasn't/hasn't been all blab, blab, blab about the climbing and stuff. He basically said I'll give ya my resume but I'd rather just bring my gear and do some trees for ya. Monday we kick it off.

Large poplar TD on Main Street 100 miles away. I'm gettin' to old for this stuff......

Been hammering out 10 hr days mostly removals taking today to catch up on my paperwork trail and mow the yard for the first time of the year:evil: as once it starts it has to happen all to often.

Slow week, too much rain. I have a lot of work but it all needs for the ground to be dry to get done. Threw this together today in a couple of hours. I think Im really going to like it, its a "Mini GRCS" Easy to pick up with one hand and hump into the woods to pull stuff over with or tension a zip-line, whatever.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 5
That's sweet. Frans had one I always liked. The biggest blunder about the GRCS is hauling it around, and like you said, sometimes I carry into the woods to set it on a tree to pull over another.

Where'd ya source the winch?

This because of my screwy work is one of the days I was off .Hung some window shades for Mrs. Smith .Not my favorite thing to do but I didn't loose my cool over it .

Tom delivered two cords of wood today and sold another which the guy is loading up as I type .I'll bet with the way this winter was he's surely glad he had some to sell .Some money coming in is better than no money .

Got all my ducks in a row today for going to Mich. Tech. next fall. Parking permit, ID picture, classes picked out for schedule, meal plan, housing. Just have to register my classes on the 24th.

Nice job Paul.

We did a couple small jobs today, had lunch with a good friend, bid a big job. Good day here

Started going to work today and the front brakes started really making a fuss. I knew they were about toast and was going to do them Sunday. HA! Already pretty much had everything, new rotors and pads. Forgot bearings and seals :|: Had to wait till Kat came home to get get them and finish the job. No biggie. Just would have rather been done with them earlier today. Just felt thankful I only had brakes on a truck to deal with and that I did not live in Japan. :(

Oh my gosh, the head of Habitat for Humanity (for the middle keys) got arrested yesterday for grand theft of a car. I can't believe it, I talked to him around 3 pm yesterday about an upcoming fishing tournament we sponsor for them and he was arrested an hour and a half later. Should I call him today and say wth?

Dayum! Is this a slow forum day whoreeeeee whut??? Ya'll better get to posting lest I dock your paychecks!!!

Back