How'd it go today?

Sounds like a Nyquil night. That or build a sheets and pillows fort in the front room and have a stocky park ranger sleep in the lazyboy ;)

Well we just had a midnight snack. Haley is down but stole my side of the bed as thanks for me letting her sleep in it. Her friends wanted to tell me the whole story of Brother Bear Two over warm milk and graham crackers. The "he's all, she's all" speak of kids is sometimes unintelligible.

My 4 year old had me up at 1:30 a.m. and again at 4:30. I let he watch "Mario Brothers" on Family channel but I don't think it was much of a kids movie and she ended up freaked out by some of the characters.

Fingers crossed that your wife's breathing returns to normal Darin.

Solved a little problem yesterday fairly cheaply.

The task was cutting through some procelan flooring tile to install an air return vent for a heating system .My Lawd that stuff is hard as granite ,much harder than regular ceramic tile .A die grinder wouldn't touch it .Aha,a plan .

It just so happens they make a diamond saw blade that fits right nicely on a 4 inch side grinder but most are costly .Old Al the tight wad found one at Lowes for the grand total of 10 bucks and got -er-done cheap .:D

HA, this island is small. One of our employees got a call last week telling him who broke into our office. Over the weekend, he got the guys full name. We looked him up on the Sheriff's web page and John identified him. I emailed the detective this morning. I am so excited, nail the creep.

Update: the detective is on the way to our office!

Well,reading between the lines without expounding too much it appears you might already have his dna .

I don't know if Fla has a statute about highjacking a computer for illicit reasons or not but I'm sure they have somethiing for breaking and entering .

Well the donkey that came with our new place first off got lame(laminitis) and then while recovering he colic'd and died. My wife is pretty devastated, this whole donkey business was like a fairy tale come true for her. In the six weeks we had him in our new place she really got attached to him. Sucks the timing of it all but it's done.

Besides that I've been plowing or working on my plow truck.

: Rumor of ice tonight,freezing rain etc .The last time this happened old Tom made a kings ransom .He just got off the phone .His diesel powered bucket truck is in my drive and he asked me to stretch a cord and plug in the block heater so it will start should things get bad tonight .Damned diesels don't start real well in cold weather ya know .

I don't go back to work until Thursday .Who knows I might be in the tree biz tomorrow myself . Stranger things have happened .

She's sleeping now which is a blessing. I hope we figure it out soon. Her folks smoked like chimneys her whole childhood and I think that did some damage.

The big job today was cleaning the snow out of the river otter pen. It had gotten so deep that they were afraid the little critter would jump out. We set a walk behind snowblower in the bottom of the enclosure, and about a dozen people scattered over about 5 layers of fake rock shoveling down to the bottom. There another fellow helped me shove it in the snowblower that threw it over the wall onto a walkway. Then we piled it up with the bobcat.

We have so much snow now that there will probably be record flooding in the central and eastern part of the state for the 3rd straight year. The interesting story is Devil's Lake. It is a large lake that has no natural outlet. The west end was 8 miles east of Minnewauken in 1991 when we moved up here. It is now near Cando. If you look this up on the map, we are talking 30+ miles to the west and north. If it goes up about 6 feet {I beleive} it will flow naturally into the Sheyenne River through Tolna Coulee. This last happened about 5000 years ago. If it does, it has the potential to eliminate Fargo and Grand Forks and put Winnepeg in a world of hurt. If the gap erodes, it may drop up to 20 feet. To put this into perspective, if it goes up another 3 feet this year, it will cover another 30,000 acres. People in Fargo are starting to get worried, as the whole DL basin went into winter with all streams still running into the lake and is pushing record snowfall. It should be interesting.

I've been putting saw parts on ebay today. After all the cleaning, categorizing, picture taking, and fees, I wonder if it really worth fooling with.

After reading the last few pages my problems seem tiny. I sure hope everything works out for your wife Darin.

Gorgeous day today (61degrees!) I pruned a slew of Cottonwoods and Aspens, got a massage...............and then, just as the world seemed to be sweetness and light, honey and roses I realized that I'm slipping. The hostess at Village Inn was coughing and choking as I walked in tonight and I asked if she was alright....she said she needed mouth to mouth and I froze up and blushed instead of kissing her. Hopefully Steve will be able to give me some pointers when he stops in on his way back to Cali.:lol:

Back