How'd it go today?

Equipment,trucks especially, used in tree service work take a hell of a beating .Just comes with the territory .

Not if you take care of them. My last new bucket truck still looked brand new for at least four years after I bought it. Aerial Lift of CT used it as their demo at the local trade show for 3 years in a row. My 5 1/2 year old Tundra still looks new, too.

Agree, it's all about how the driver/employee's treat it. Nice little vehicle RD, good luck with it.

Today I helped out a friend of mine. He had to do a few asphault repairs on sewer hookups that he did. It's amazing how many people don't know what the hand single STOP means. I was directing traffic and boy oh boy it was a good show.

Brett, everyone knows that an ALC is like buying a Cadillac.

Theres nothing better.

no but the company he did work for has a paid training program. i called his old boos after the kid left and he did the samething to a brand new 880 from 70 ft up in a bucket truck

Dang, what the heck kind of tree do you need an 880 at 70' feet up? :O

Popped the cherry on the new GRCS today! Used it three times, and it probably saved me about 30-60 minutes at least today.

I had two small (10 inch-ish) oaks on top of a bank and garden, no where to drop without making a mess. ...just cranked em up to a nearby oak, attached the chipper winch the butt, and they never had to touch the ground. :D

Did just about the same thing at the afternoon job. Maple leader over a new roof (really close to be rigging and letting it drop at all), so I tip tied with spider legs and cranked er' up, up, and away!!

:D

Work was POURING in the door today. I dont know what did it but keep it coming. Good work too....referral work. Its supposed to break out of this wet rainy cycle and be in the low 80's and full sun for 4 days straight. If that doesnt bring on a pile of work I dont know what will.

I finished up today with all the saws I'm taking to a GTG this Saturday .I have yet to fire up an 084 though that I just decided to take .

Shouldn't be a problem as I had it lit off a few weeks ago and it ran just dandy .

Nice Jeep RD.

Day 2 of the cake job.. Pretty much done with the limbing up. Climbed two live oaks and a bull pine today. One oak was on the roof of the Garage basically. Rigged it off and over a fence and in a nice little zone with Katy. Every piece of it save for what I could pitch from time to time. More limb walking practice ;)
Other oak was a simple get in and get out. About every tree on the property had branches broken by the equipment that cleared the development.:X So I fixed bunches of them with proper cuts. 8)
Bull pine had some storm damage in the tops, so took out about 5, 15 foot long (at least) branches. Rob ran the chipper around all day as I kept making messes with all my saws :lol: There was order to the madness.... ;)
Customer happy and we are down to about 2-3 hours worth of work there. Have a fire to do in the morning if it is a burn day. Set some stumps on fire. A line to place in a bull pine for an antenna, and a weed eat... Should be a fun day :D

The Mrs got home at 11am with the new to me truck that Skwerl hooked me up with. I decided to get going on swapping over the beds so I can have a real truck to go to work.

Attachments

• nt.jpg
    nt.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 11
  • ot.jpg
    ot.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 11
I decided to weigh the dump bed and scissor unit with my load cell. That sucker weighs 2980lbs:O Man that knuckle boom comes in handy. This job would have sucked without it. I was pretty dissapointed, I thought I was going to get done tonight and be able to work tommorrow but Sam had to teach a class this evening so I had the kids:X Kinda hard welding with a 1.5 year old running around......

Attachments

• loadcell.jpg
    loadcell.jpg
    767.2 KB · Views: 4
Back