How'd it go today?

yesterday we were pruning up some autograph (signature) trees at a home and our new groundguy was doggin it pretty hard, he brought a radio with him and was listening to some game for most of the day, and actually sat down on a bench and watched as the pile grew larger and larger for about twenty minutes, and then would take two or three branches with him up to the chipper, I was getting so heated all day but didn't say anything as I'm not the boss, but man it sucks when the ground guy can't pull his weight.

It's one thing when the guy is making an effort, but jeez. Sorry to sound like mr. negative but it was a bit irritating.

jp:D

good bye!

I agree %100 with that. There's no room for laziness on a crew, run that dogger off if your boss won't. I got a real bad rep with the last logging crew I was on, fired three new guys in as many months (and I wasn't the boss, them or me is how I handled it). Work is to hard to picking up someone elses slack. I get PO'd just watching some of the dogging going on with the company I sub for and it's not even my money, just burns me up still the same.

I was gonna do a removal today but had to cancel last minute to go pick up my little one at school. She's sick. I nursed her up a little and then had to take her to her mom's house so i could head off to work swing shift.

However... I'm gettin' out of here at 6pm... gotta date tonight!:)

Later!

Gary

had snow bout 1ft so we sat on stand by from 7 to 2 when we got the first an only tree call it took longer to drive to the tree then it did to take it off the line then were sent home at 530 not a bad day

Installed a sign today for a local tire shop. Set up the Spider on the sidewalk
at the corner of the building.

I dunno, a bucket guy who doesn't climb, cant get a CTW?

you can be a CA and not climb.

Nice Utility DTW. Way to get into the lifting realm of things.

Nice new saws in that other thread too.

Jonesered, I have no idea, some one filled out the application
and mailed in money, So the least I could do is show up and climb for overtime.

Exposure,

Steve, The climb was a 12 foot throwbball toss.
Set your line, work up another 10 feet to their friction saver, tie-in.

Go to the back of the tree and touch a flag with your handsaw and say headache.

Go to the other side of the tree and tap a pole saw on another flag.

That's it. That was Carmichael, CA today.

All went well 3 trees at the Docs surgery ,selective pruning,epicormic growth removal,crown lifting,took 3 hours ,we all got paid for a full day....which was nice

Back