How'd it go today?

15.5 hours doing storm work today. drove over 200 miles going from place to place. bout got all the lights back on.

I ground stumps and tried to do a million bids. I did the last bid in the dark with the full moon rising. I have a bunch to do for tomorrow too. I think I am seeing a repeat of last fall when I got slammed. There is a new phonebook in town (the fourth or fifth) and not many tree services are in it. It comes out in fall and looks just like the most popular phonebook. I think a lot of folks throw away the most popular book, in which I am just one service out of about thirty services and keep the new one in which I am one of three or four. The effect only work until the real phonebook comes out in December or January. Last year I was getting more calls than my old service who run a 2/3rds of a page ad to my 1/8th sized ad.

been running like mad today to, booked 2 weeks out now and tons more to bid. wrenching on trucks till about the time darin quit:)

Currently singin my heart out on line and having a great day off. Also making beef burgandy in a couple days... should be yummy with this stock....

Last edited:
My day pretty much sucked, second verbal altercation in two days:X (maybe it's me?);)

Just got through swapping out the old mattress for the new, whatta pain in the arse.

Found out my new neighbors are in my favorite punk band8) DKM is officially off the road, and home to chill.:D

Went to the big town to take care of some bizz. On the way home stopped at a new sushi restaurant where it's all computerized. You push the picture of the sushi you want on a monitor, and when it rolls around on a conveyer belt by your table, a message says, "Take your order". I didn't particularly like the modernization, must be old fashioned. :roll:

Went to the back doctor. He says I'm right on course. Wrote more thank you notes to climbers. Gotta love 'em.

Oh. Also realized Michigan TCC is Sat. and the first one I'll miss in 11 years. It's cool though.

Scott, I have no clue what you just said. :?

He was tounge tied 'cuz these guys just moved into my neighborhood

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x-64CaD8GXw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x-64CaD8GXw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DMK= Drop Kick Murphys?

If so... good choice in favorite bands. Just hope there aren't any railroad tracks near your house. You'd be amazed how many punk kids still hop trains as a way of life. I know several.

DMK= Drop Kick Murphys?

If so... good choice in favorite bands. Just hope there aren't any railroad tracks near your house. You'd be amazed how many punk kids still hop trains as a way of life. I know several.

47yo doesnt get it, 23yo does....8)

Andrew, the neighborhood I live in is filled with lost punk kids, and there is a major train station close by.....If you want me to send someone home let me know:lol:

Back