How'd it go today?

Seems Jim might need a little backing from a fellow westerner...I can drop by and help you hold off the evil eastern contingent, brother. We will eat and drink them all down :D.

I'm know, I'm less that 150 lbs., but have intake capacity well above my weight class :evil:.

You've got "experience" that Jim nor I can conceive B.
I'm sitting out by the camp fire by myself sipping my beer reading the forum. It 11:27 pm and everyone had gone to bed. I got a disgruntled look from my wife because I put a sweatshirt on. She knows I'm sleeping by the fire.

What on earth would possess any parents to sleep in the same tent with three children? What...they can't manage on their own for a night?

Get a life.
:P

Not claiming to be right but I'm almost sure I'll get a good nights rest out here. I haven't had a real restful sleep since Memorial Day weekend when I slept by the fire. Funny thing is it's midnight now and I'll be hiking at 5 am and feel great. I never sleep great when I'm camping but I must have great sleep.

All good B. Most relaxed I've been in a while. I'm just enjoying the peace. Well almost. Damn coyotes are yipping a bit, but I can deal with that

'Yotes yipping always feels peaceful to us, here. Just wrap your head around the idea of they have been here far longer than us, and manage even though we do our utmost to make things hard on them. They are winners, and bring music to the night.

Good night Rich. Sleep well, my friend.

Chainsaw milled a bigleaf maple in half to be able to move it. Its funny. I even had rollers right there, previously looking like 4" diameter tree stems. Its amazing what you can roll compared to drag or lift. I can lift one end of the 1/2 trunk, which is enough to get the rollers under it. If the rollers hang up, its definitely way easier to skid across logs than skid across dirt.

I'm getting too much milled wood for the time I have to do stuff with it, and need to get onto marketing it. I have oak to pick up today. probably have to rip a maple log. Thought he miller had 36" capacity, not 27". oops.

A guy in the area has a 50" slabber attachment for his Lucas Mill. I think I might use him next time.

Good plan Sean. And nice work on the maples.
We skid and turn logs all the time with the dingo using 3" limbs as rollers. Works a charm. If you can get one end of the log up...... or roll it with can't hook, peevy, or turnbuckle onto the rollers, or even planks. She'll skid easier.

Changed out the calipers and pads on the 84 F350. Went to bleed the brakes, the 1.5 year only master, shot front piston. Kidding me right? All four were locking up for the dog in the road Friday.
Soooooo.... I order one. They said it would be in by 4. SO back to the shop I went to fix the leaky carb AGAIN... Pinched O ring. Fire breaks out and jumps the highway... Well shit... That is right in the path of the part being run up to my town. HWY closed.
Last time I did the booster on the 1980 F350, I could only get the booster with master kit or the master, but not just the booster, unless I waited. Well I needed the truck pronto, I bought the kit. The master was not a year old so I shelfed it in case. CLeaned it up today (had left fluid in it to keep the seals wet) and installed it. TADA. Master will be here tomorrow, I will shelf that for the next time. But Jeeeezzzzzz.

Back