How'd it go today?

Generally speaking, that's when it all comes down to leadership.

Again I won't know the crews until I meet them. I'm fairly good at bossing people when I need to. Crew discipline will be my responsibility and only will be escalated to a owner if I feel I need to let someone go. Which will ultimately be their decision. The place has been in business for 25years plus. There's quite a few employees and atleast two other foreman/lead hands for the residential side.

I don't doubt some things will suck. It's still a job and work. I like the idea of a challenge though. I'm thinking I'll try it on.

As Cory mentioned they are looking for a leader. They expressly don't want to micro manage me or the crews I would run. That for them is the whole point of the position. Certainly I'll have to run with their playbook. I like them and what they had to say. It seems a real positive environment.

So i know a few here(maybe?lol) were loosely keeping track of my team roping exploits.

Well my wife's shoulders have continued to give her grief and having laid off of roping the whole winter my swing went all to hell because of being left handed if I don't practice near daily it's really hard to stay proficient at a right handed task(like throwing a rope around a steers horns).

So we have kind of let it slide and just been trail riding. Well that's been fine and dandy but lol and behold ranch sorting has sprung up literally a far stones throw from my house. So we are going to start giving that a go here instead.

All three of my horses are going really well, I've been riding about five days a week and my seat and confidence is really developing. I feel so confident on horseback now that I do worry I could be a little overconfident. But I never have that worry when on their back. Lol.

I've been finding the speed addictive and have broke that barrier where I don't just ride confidently through to a gallop, sometimes I lean down in their ear and give them a few extra kisses when they think they're going fast just to get that little extra. :D

IMG_1014.jpg

It's really something to be galloping along at a pretty good clip already and then the horse moves up it up into a higher gear. I don't know if riding without a saddle allows you to better feel the sensation of energy transitioning through the horses body, but out comes some fire from the tank. Truly powerful beasts! That's on an old busted down rodeo nag, the sensation sitting on top of a proper race horse must be a very interesting thing to behold.

Rich...that is the truck I am looking for. 4wd, 4 door, long bed, single rear tire....super hard to find so far. Hope it works for you .

I went early to check it out before they opened. They did the typical used car dealer undercoating but knowing where to look helped out. It's pretty clean. Someone showed up early and tossed me the keys. It runs great with no issues but I'm still skeptical. I'm gonna call Friday to see if it's still there and a mechanic friend of mine is gonna go with me to put it on the rack. Chevy's 6.0 gasser is bulletproof but I go with DTA when it comes to spending money. He can tell me if the mileage has been tampered with.
But yes it's almost ideal. I was really looking for a 3500hd but they are very few and very far between.

@ Jim

I'd love to challenge you to a food eating contest.

We hit the pizza buffet, loser pays!

Just starve yourself for ten days, Jim, MB doesn't have such self discipline to do that. On the seventh day he'd swing into a burger shop.

No way I can match him eating.

Used to be able to drink a half gallon of Jack Daniels out of the bottle and not be greatly bothered. Kinda gave me a forked tongue though.

Hope it turns out for you Rich.

No complaints with our 6 liters. I have one that is HAMMERED....9500 hours. Bought it from the oil field.

Still runs okay.

Well I guess I'll bring the jack Daniels barrel then.:beer::beer: It will be an even trade. Jim, I promise I will visit you someday. We will have a good time.

Back