How'd it go today?

I've only ate turnips once, it was fixed like a 'tater salad.

Bitter as shit, couldn't finish it.

Hella Friday purchase, how much did you pay for the Stihl?

Well, not much better than a brand new saw and plenty of wood to cut. :drink:

Bid more bigleaf maple removals, near power, and over a concrete wall and driveway. Rigging fun. See what happens.

Pulled over a bunch of maple sucker clump leaders...throw lines save soooo much work. Going to do more next week, and a climbing maple dismantle, partially failed. Two Alder prunes. All Put on Ground Only!

Going to take a chill shop/ office day tomorrow. Get the F450 titled, padlocks for the service body, and put some more thought into a locking chip box/ storage box/ mini/ stumper compartment.

What is that plastic that people use in chip boxes? Seems like it starts with a D.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_gpcWhhTgyo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reiterating that this tree wasn't worth video, but it was the new 201's first tank! 8)

Chris, that sounds real good.

Sounds like a bit of work Sean! Hope the title goes smoothly.

Nice Sam. Nice work.

My phone started to act up on me. I can't believe my GF got me another one! Only stipulation is that I don't take naked pics of her.

Nothing big today, 4 stumps, good money. In the shop the rest of the day.

Not a good day.
Our big mare, Lora has been semi lame on and off for about a year.
We only have insurance till the end of the year, so today I borrowed a horse trailer and we took her to the clinic.

Bad news.

Massive arthritis in both front legs, so she'll have to be put down.
8 years old, Margot has raised her from foal, trained her in dressage and to pull a charabanc.

Margot is really down about the news, me too. She is a hell of a nice horse. Even tempred , never any bullshit, just does her job.

Bummer!

Sorry to read about your horse stig. I hated putting down my old horse (jazz) never could get another since.

I haven't been able to post much lately, got forced into a promotion at work that requires me to do bids, schedule, manage the crew, and repair equipment. And after i got done there for the day I'm still balancing my time between bidding and running our company, and spending time with little Ollie and the new baby girl (rhiley).

I had to shoot the wife's horse a while back. Wasn't much of a horse, but still sad.

Had an action packed day today. Traveled to the big town to the south to find out if our safflower we cut is any good. Did not find out for sure, maybe he says. Might buy it at a massive discount.

We then went to a Japanese restaurant where they cook the stuff right in front of you. He had a big fire going, twirled his spatulas around and generally made a damn nusiance of himself. Then he started throwing food at us............not sure what to think of that, but everyone else thought it was okay.

I had some scallops and vegetables with rice, and something called a rainbow roll that had raw fish on it.

The beer was good, Sapporo beer.

Then I went to the clothing store and bought a new set of suspenders and got a new hat. Its a fine hat, charcoal grey and 6x beaver. Narrow 4 inch brim turned up nice. I am embarresed how much it cost, but I needed an new going to meetings hat.

After that I went and picked up a new No.2 Morse taper live center and an arbor and a chuck for the lathe.

Pretty fancy day I guess.

You have an awesome life Jim 8)

Cheers buddy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fZyixvIGlsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They say hard work dispels worry. . .

This tree is going to die, and this was basically in preparation for removal, probably next season. . .

Back