How'd it go today?

If it's not raining, it's dark already. hahaha

Hard to get side work when the suns down by quitting time. . . I'm getting so bored.

Had a rather easy day. A couple of easy removals and found stumps this afternoon. The good news came when I got home. The guy that grinds my stumps from my "side" work stopped by with a check. I pruned his oak while he was out of town. It felt odd getting a check instead of sending one. I need to talk with my insurance guy but I might be buying a stump grinder in the spring. He's gonna figure up a price on his self propelled since he doesn't use it much.
Also pretty anxious to try out my new rig-n-ring and ultra ring sling tomorrow. Thank you treestuff!!!

I find stump grinding kinda therapeutic. Slow on that front for me, I've had many inquiries but no one has set up any jobs.

A few rewinds on the go in the shop. Helped move a grand piano for a friend. Pays good, but he doesn't have that many pianos to move. Short drive from Boston to Simcoe. Hopefully have a tandem flat bed trailer sold tonight. Love to keep it, but I need the cash. Hope get a rad ordered for my F350. :(

Did a final run-around the course today trimmed a couple things, picked up some balls, bottles, cans, & found a handful of the bosses tools laying around on the ground:lol: have a few trailer loads of brush to move yet, then hopefully done of the year....I know I deep saying that...:|:

Went to a new buddies house and had our second practice to get ready to go out and perform. Going to hit some open mic's in the area as a trio. had a good session for 4 hours and called it.

Good luck Dave.

Got to combine some yesterday. Everything was swell until the bearings went out on the primary shaft on the older combine.

Trying to get with John Deere to get it fixed.

Just about finished the field last night when I broke the cutter bar on the newer combine. Just have to weld it up and drill a new hole for the section bolt.

Did kill three porcupines last night so that was a plus. Probably saved a dozen trees doing that.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of the Rig n Ring Rich.

I'm totally neglecting any responsibility today. We're out knocking down Red Pines before the weather turns, probably for good.

Had a storm felled oak to clear up and a half dozen branches off another that had been damaged as its neighbour came past.

Winch on tractor and new chipper were really earning their keep. Good money on the job. The client was purring away about our professionalism.

Backed into his gate on the way out and busted it.

Muppet.

Crap Mick. I make sure the HO's save the compliments till I leave.

Sam. Hope it's not a "take this job and shove it" deal. Christmas is coming, hope things can smooth out till at least after the holidays.

Went and got a sticker for my S10, $120, still have to come up with some coin for the F350's sticker, $235. Made some cedar cookies and put an ad up. GF says they are selling in her area. See what happens. Deal on a trailer I have for sale didn't work out last night, hopefully the guy comes back Saturday. He does work at an auto wreckers and said he had a F350 7.3L come in, so he's checking for a rad for me. Hope that works out as well.

Jim, how'd you kill them, with a weapon or with the machinery? From what I've seen in pics of your treeless area, it is surprising porks are there.

An embarrassment of riches, and you're running them down:/:

Fine looking shop, and that is a serious porcupine thrashing machine.

Just saying, porky's emotions and mind set are highly similar to your dog's.

Back