How'd it go today?

As things cool off the chimney business is heating up! I'm still quite pleased with the new occupation. I've always been very mechanical. All my life 'fixing' and 'tweaking' things. So I'm finding stoves and fireplaces quite easy to work on, even as I hit new/different ones for the first time. It's a good fit. I'm a meticulous sort of guy who doesn't believe in half assing stuff, no one better to be servicing the fire inside your home.

Habitat is right. It's worth it just for the bees! That's pretty cool actually, bees have had a hard go of it around here. . .

I think I might have the first confirmed drone rescue in the U.P. hahaha

Went over to a friends house after work to help her husband retrieve his drone from the neighbors tree. He'd spent weeks (!!) trying to get it out with arrows, and baseballs, and various small bicycle parts attached to kite string. There was about half a dozen items hanging out of this tree. . . :lol:

I was dying.

Took one shot with the Bigshot to get the drone out, and another toss to get most of the failed retrieval items down.

I got well fed and sent home with cookies for my efforts. Not a bad deal at all 8)

Also got a bunch of this to try

IMG_20160926_221823646.jpg

Cheers

That's awesome Justin. It's cool you're all self contained and stuff too. Like you have everything you need on your truck and don't have to worry about employee BS.

Those are some of the big perks I'm enjoying. That same truck I drove around for years doing free quotes with for tree work, now every time it rolls basically I'm making coin. I'm quite certain on a full day of chimneys my take home is better than what my average was with tree work.

That's frigging hilarious sounding with your buddy's drone. Should've asked him why he was decorating so early for Christmas?

You need to wear a top hat and coat tails! Make an impression!

I never would. ......I look better in a cowboy hat! Lol.

I wear no hat so far but I would like to get my hands on a few black welding caps to keep the old noggin clean when I have to poke my head right in. Cleanliness is everything when sweeping. Like tree work, leave no mess behind. Not a trace.

As things cool off the chimney business is heating up! I'm still quite pleased with the new occupation. I've always been very mechanical. All my life 'fixing' and 'tweaking' things. So I'm finding stoves and fireplaces quite easy to work on, even as I hit new/different ones for the first time. It's a good fit. I'm a meticulous sort of guy who doesn't believe in half assing stuff, no one better to be servicing the fire inside your home.

That is pretty darn awesome. Good on you and your custys.

Small chipping job in Waterford this morning. Only about an hour with my micro chipper, chippings were left to fill in old pond. Hope I can get a bigger chipper some day. Found my old craftsman 36cc yesterday, going to keep it at the gf's place with my361, till I can aquire something more suitable. Gotta replace primer bulb. Shop the rest of the day and some quotes tonight.

I've had it for years, only an 8hp! Haha

Use it often at my place and my GF's, but rarely on jobs, stars have to line up for that to happen. It is nice for small tiny backyard jobs.

Brush those pipes!

Gave a price on these big uglies. There's a big open area basically where I was standing. Still have to knock about 1/3 of the top out of all of them. Little cabin in the back. No clean up.

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

There's like five of these, but they all look the same. . .

I'm finished early. My last job the chimney was spotless, I'm not into faking it. Lol.

Had a nice relaxing lunch in the park by the lake(okanagan). I used to work on all these beauty's. Hard to get a proper perspective until you see my truck parked next to one.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Those off your phone Justin? Great resolution.

A very stately line of trees there, but I bet they shed like crazy. Cotton wood eh?

Cheers 8)

Yah just from my iPhone. They're kept pretty clean but yah they still shed some. They're all crazy lifted like that to allow their replacements a fighting chance. The little trees planted around the base. Makes it real fun to work on the big ones. down the far end there's a handful of six footers, you can kind of see the canopy of the first one in one of the pics. A step up in size from most of those pictured. I used to love big removals in the parks and stuff.....it was always like well....working in a park!

And yah cottonweeds. What are the trees in your pics? Firs, maybe pines? Hard to see, just curious. Think you'll get the job?

Yeah, I got the nod on that one. They're hemlocks. Heavy, stinky, purple, dead hemlocks. haha

I'm going back Saturday to tackle them if the weather is not too horrific.

Ahhh hemmers. We don't have a lot of them in the interior here. But they thrive on the coast. Hembal. Hemlock and balsam, crap trees. Lol.

Back