How'd it go today?

Great pictures Justin.

Hope you get a better run out of this motor Stephen. Honda?

I did a little job yesterday, last physio today and if I can drag my self out of bed got a good job for tomorrow. Not going to be easy going back after three months but I enjoyed yesterday, beats walking around looking at trees.

No horse for me worse luck, just shanks' pony. Still some big trees in the gullies around here, you can walk for miles but I couldn't go to far.

Tallest Black Butt I've done was 150', there's plenty taller than that but not too many near houses now although there's a few fairly big one in the next street.

Pretty had to believe there's so many people not far away, you can just see the cranes in the third pic. High rise moving in.

walk 015.jpg walk 010.jpg walk 016.jpg

Hope things get back together Stephen.
NICE Justin!
Good to hear you are moving around Steve.
Great work everyone.

I spend some time on weekends (Waterford in Norfolk county) at the GF's place, she's about 25 minutes from my place. I've missed a few jobs in Norfolk, some storm damage or spur of the moment drop, since I only carry my 192T in my S10 regularly. (all other saws go indoors for the nights) A farm repair shop that sends me a fair amount of generator repairs had this 361 for $200 for me. Decided I'd keep it at the GF's place, may be find another 16 incher. Hopefully I can accommodate those quick weekend requests, save me an hour round trip. Those jobs seem to be "I'll pay you to do it now, but if you can't, my BIL/FIL/ uncle/whatnot will do it for free tomorrow". Outside spike was a quick one off I made, from a odd piece of stainless that barely fit. I wanted a lower profile one. See how it works, may be tweak things on another one, may be not.

IMG_20160921_144020.jpg

Someone awesome recommended I try a pair of these Pfanners out. I went with straight Gladiators, and they are bomb. I'm really liking them so far.

Also, researchers had snagged a line in this tree over a year ago. Figured I'd go remove it. Pretty crazy snag hey?

Cheers

GOPR1073.jpg

GOPR1070.jpg

GOPR1075.jpg

GOPR1055.jpg

I think I have reason to be pissed off at a nurse today.

Yeah, I realize that they are busy as hell. I get that. But to outright lie to us is something else.

The nurses in the crowd please feel free to set me straight.......please.

My wife ran out of pain pills on Sunday night. Monday we called the hospital to get some more. The nurse we talked to said that the surgeon was in surgery all day, but would pass on the info. Nothing. Wife was really hurting Monday night. Tuesday morning she calls back. Same thing. Doctor is too busy, but will pass on the info. Mom goes up to Havre to run errands and stops at the hospital to make sure that there was not a prescription waiting. Nope. She gets kind of hot with the nurse, trying to let her know that her daughter in law is in a LOT of pain. Doctor is too busy.

Today we go up for her follow up check. The same nurse is friendly, and says that she met my mother yesterday. Oh well.

Doctor comes in and asks how her pain is. She says its an 8. Doctor is concerned! Wife tells him that she has been without pain meds since monday and that we have been calling.

Doctor is pissed, tells us that he had one appointment Monday and had nothing going on Tuesday. No one called him! Was free as a bird! I believe him as he told the hospital to make every attempt to reach him while Jenn was in hospital. When they tried and he did not answer, they sent a Sheriff Deputy to his house, as per his instructions.

Sent her home with a prescription and now the pain is coming back under control.

I understand you Jim. When we were in with the last baby, no one informed us (at the time) that the person doing the epidural was a new intern. I pissed a few people off when I went back into the room before being told and shut it down. Also our wxtended stay was because the nurse didn't relay the message to the dr about the complications

A while ago my mother bought me one of those 23andme kits.

That might not make sense, but for those of you not keeping up at home I was adopted.

My mother is Swedish, Norwegian, and Irish. My dad is German.

For some reason I was confused about the findings. I guess because my adoptive parents are MY parents.

Turns out I am Welsh mostly, with a lot of English and Scottish. Not to mention Inuit and Norwegian. For whatever reason.

Been thinking tonight why that might be. Montana is mostly German with a bit of Scandinavian.

I think I know why though. Montana imported a crap load of Cornish and Welsh to work in the mines.
I was born in Butte, the biggest mining town in Montana.

Mystery solved!

Too bad about the nurse issue, I hate stupid little snags like that. Interesting on the DNA kit. No mention of relatives on the report?

Jim, it certainly seems within your right to make enquiries why you were given false information from that nurse. There seems no excuse for that way of treating a patient. You should ask to speak to the head nurse or some kind of supervisor. You might get more mileage out of complaining if the doctor also takes it up with the appropriate parties. He seems a guy with your wife's best interest in mind, I think he can understand your being a lot less than pleased, and wanting an explanation from him as well. Hs job is to oversee the totality of attention to his patient.

Complaining doesn't bring back those hours that your wife had to suffer, but it might help somebody else from having to go through the same needless thing.

Well. I'm off for another overnight horseback trip. And my yeller rope horse just got re-shod yesterday! I'm not taking him on this trip but will be riding him this weekend and hopefully he's good to go for the practice pen on Sunday and I'll be on the steers again!:evil:

That nurse is evidently a bag of shit, or at the very least, incompetent.

Imo, people give medical pros wayyyy too much respect and deference. If the pain was bad like that I woulda raised f'g hell (and I'm pretty mellow for the most part) to whoever needed it Monday nite on the presumption that exactly what was happening was indeed happening. Plus, who gives a F if the Dr. actually was real busy, sure a delay of a couple hours would be reasonable but no call back that first day day???? Just straight BS imo.

I've really been ball breaking at the doctor's office lately. Long story short, the guidelines for prescribing are forked up, and if you don't look out out for yourself, nobody else is. You may still be alive, but you won't necessarily be healthy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BQXFAOBxNEI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know this is kinda what Reg was talking about, but I enjoy these kind of videos. . .

Back