How'd it go today?

Back home for work tomorrow.
Camp site is all set up
Festival is going nicely...about 90 campers have pulled in so far, Music will start on Thursday but several jams going. I played a buddy's' Bass for a couple hours before I crashed last night.

We are organized better and on top of things pretty well so far this year. Weather has been gorgeous.

I distributed trash barrels and did a trash run through the park with the tractor, then moved all the bleachers and some pylons around with the bobcat, and closed off a few gates today.
Going to do some road repairs & move more bleachers with the bobcat tomorrow, then set the parking up on Wednesday.

Still coming back home to work on MW&F mornings. It's about 1 1/4 hr drive.

Pass a good time!!!

xZjsxHn.gif

Barn dance! I woulda gone, I can two step halfways decent.

I've been a riding and roping fool. Starting to really put it all together now, and it sure feels good. Like anything, when you put the time and training into something difficult and finally start to see the results of your hard work it's a really satisfying feeling. Long road ahead still but at least I feel like I'm on the on ramp now.

Like anything, when you put the time and training into something difficult and finally start to see the results of your hard work it's a really satisfying feeling. Long road ahead still but at least I feel like I'm on the on ramp now.

That is cool to hear, Justin...it is an exploration/discovery path as much as anything...learning what your body will readily do...and what definitely needs work. Investment in yourself to accomplish a hard task is good stuff...good for kids to see that kind of thing being done. It sets an example to them to be productive, to strive.

We will need pictures before too long....:/:

I can say. I'd feel even stranger asking a cowboy to take my pic than I did asking a co-worker to take pics of me doing tree work. But I'll see what I can do.

hahaha...OK. I'll guarantee some of those cowboys have high-falootin' smart phones in their jeans...next to their snuff or RedMan 'baccer.

Pulled the trigger on a brand new MS880 today. Pick her up on Thursday. .404 with a 41" bar.

Cottonwoods around here better behave! 8)

Sam, almost tried getting hold of you to maybe have a cup of coffee or breakfast and a visit last time I was up there. I believe I have to go back up once on each of the next 2 months...maybe we can hook up to say "HI" if it fits into your schedule...

That would be great! Anytime.

No and apparently Justin isn't either. As has been the case all my life, to most I'm 'Jason' it would seem.......even after clearly introducing myself. Doesn't bother me much, Jason's a fine name, and I'm terrible with remembering names myself.

GF actually had some concern for me today, she saw some other tree climber take a rough ride on a skinny spruce dropping the top, guess the guy got tossed around so much his spurs came out and he slid down a bit. No choked climb line. I told her that is the reason sometimes jobs don't get done in the time I think it might, so I can avoid that from happening to me.

Wasn't the best day. Sent out to shear about 1500 foot of white pines at a property line. The nieghbors spent two years in court over these damn things. Such a head ache. Less than half way through it an o-ring decided to let loose a bit. Luckily I was almost folded up when it did. Ran back to the shop and put a new one in. I was parked on the road, finishing the front half and it let loose again. This time it really let loose. Luckily I had a bag of oil dry and about six inches of saw dust in the basket to soak it up. Made some phone calls and found out about a second o-ring on the tip of the fitting. The mechanic had to leave early of course so he dropped the tool box keys off at my house tonight so I can go in early to fix it. He's at the fire station tomorrow so I'm on my own. The o-ring is the easy part. Figuring out which tools are where in his tool box will be the challenge. There really needs to be some guidelines for how a toolbox is laid out.

Back