How'd it go today?

Glad you guys liked that. The Honeymooners are definitely in a class by themselves, and that episode is just ridiculous.

Way to go Jim! As has been said before re your mechanical ability:big-not-worthy::big-not-worthy:

Love me some Jackie Gleason! Honeymooners was one of my favorites.

I always loved this explanation of "shootin'" golf

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-288A4pp6VI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Two words: Foot ascender

Your foot ascender should be advancing your line mostly, when climbing spurless, whether Hitch climber or blake's hitch. Every kid is strong enough to get up a rope, just not do pull-ups up a rope. $.02

Rigged out a walnut in tight quarters this morning. Went fast and smooth. Then one of the guys tore the service line down removing some overgrown bushes:X. Really not a big deal but still agitating. Everything was in the ROW. Finished that up just as a competitor pulled up to work for the property owner. We BSed for a few and he let me try out his geckos and I lent him my Bashlins. I'll be sticking with the Bashlins. A bid wide spreading red oak was the next victim. We had room to rig big for most of it. The tight side went big as well. We got creative with the rigging. Used some double block rigging along with a " drift line?" We also break out the rope jack. My rope man attended the crash course at Treestuff this week end and came home with one. Awesome tool! Ended the day by watching my daughters T-ball game. It was a great day!8)

Nice!

What's a ropejack?

How's your saturday work going?

Saturday work is good. Slammed out a good sized job this past Saturday beating the rain thanks to the mini and some good felling( mostly learnt from here).

I tried to upload a screen shot of it and it's taking forever. It's made by CMI and available at Treestuff.

Great story, Jim, on the IH repair...cool when something like that actually all comes together.

Here is my oldest IH...1945 KB-5...waiting for me to find time to mess with it. I have toyed with the idea of using is as a log hauler.

Bought it for $200 from a fellow that had to close his gear making machine shop due to losing his contracts to overseas (India) companies. He was getting ready to leave to be a missionary in Africa.

It was running in 2000 when he parked it in his warehouse. I bought it in 2008.

Attachments

• IMG_7216 RESZD 2.jpg
    IMG_7216 RESZD 2.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7220 RESZD 3.jpg
    IMG_7220 RESZD 3.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7229 RESZD 1.jpg
    IMG_7229 RESZD 1.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 42
Actually got the kids up and off to school on time. One major accomplishment lol. Now is just me and the little man hanging out till the saw shop opens. Got a decent job on the books of it ever dries up the puddle they call a yard

Great story, Jim, on the IH repair...cool when something like that actually all comes together.

Here is my oldest IH...1945 KB-5...waiting for me to find time to mess with it. I have toyed with the idea of using is as a log hauler.

Bought it for $200 from a fellow that had to close his gear making machine shop due to losing his contracts to overseas (India) companies. He was getting ready to leave to be a missionary in Africa.

It was running in 2000 when he parked it in his warehouse. I bought it in 2008.
Nice truck! I have the fantasy of having vintage trucks for the fleet like that truck turned into a chip truck.

Ha! A shared fantasy. My son owns a 1967 firetruck...we have talked about making it a dump bed that would hold chips in the central areas where hose and reels were...side cabinets could hold our gear...a firetruck pulling a fire engine red chipper...an antique IH dually pulling a trailer-ed tractor for logs...easy (and fun) to dream sometimes.

Thanks Gary... The comms make it much easier. I like how cool it is to be able to train from a neighbouring tree as well. Since it is, for all intents and purposes, a forest, we are blessed with trees we can be in safely while bringing up the next guy in training. Single stem I prefer not to climb together. Spreading canopy is easier since you can be close to the action and climber.
BTW, I have serious truck envy. I love those old IH. Well hell, that whole era.

August... I don't know, I don't do the hash taggy thingy but go ahead ... LOL

Nice vid Sam. That bass cuts like balsa.

Ha, thanks August, I was just messing around on a nice day. These Basswoods are so stringy they clog up the cutters and the chain starts to skip in the cut. Same thing happened on the sawmill, and we actually broke a few blades trying to push through.

About the only thing their good for is carving wooden ducks. 8)

Worked with Trev on throw ball line setting at testing before leaving the ground, then we tackled knots and odd ball scenarios that one might find while moving through a tree. Im really not that good of a teacher probably, but if he picks up the basics he will be ready to really learn it from someone more in tune with proper training skills.

Back