How'd it go today?

Yep..kids were blowing sirens on cop cars, exploring fire trucks...we let them breathe with a full face mask...sounds like Darth Vader if you try to overbreathe it...actually scared some of them when they heard it. Folks get intrigued with the stuff it takes to stay underwater.

Heckuva tractor and also heckuva rig you have there...you do have some interesting toys up there.

Timbertramp. I'm away from all my pictures at the moment...

Really the only difference between Blake's and going to Hitch Climber is the way you pull. The rest of the setup is still classic double rope.

I started climbing late...like 36 and thought I'd never change from what I was taught, however coming on here and looking and watching and asking questions gave me the curiosity and courage to try something a bit different. Just about every change I have made along the way has made a big difference in comfort and production each time.

It takes a little while to get the new 'feel' for how you climb with a different setup, different action, different muscles but it all works out in the end.
I really NEVER thought I'd be an SRT climber, couldn't get my head round it, but I tried it, (after my happy time with the Hitch Climber system) adjusted and now I love it. Even better is combining it with a long 'traditional' lanyard double rope on a second bridge, so I have my old DRT there as well!

Nic are you using the end of your climbing line to tie your blakes or are you using a split tail? Using a split tail lets you bypass limbs or add a redirect of sorts without untying. The use of a tending pulley would be a great addition to your set up.
I switched to the hitch climber system for the ease of tending and the fact that my hitch was always in the same spot. It can't creep like my taughline did. After that I was determined to give srt a chance. I use the hitch hiker because of how compact it is and how easy it is to switch back and forth from ddrt to srt.

Im using the Blake's on a split tail. And snaps to hook to my saddle. Haven't figured out how to use my biners without a spliced eye on my climb line. I think I am going to try the pulley under the Blake's for tending slack cause I think it could be worth it maybe. I guess it might be a summer of all new things contact climbing, new knots, new employer, all in a new area. Talk about jumping in the deep end huh

Did start planning my new gun cabinet today, if it turns out right it'll look like a tree growing through my floor and out my ceiling. Might even put a stuffed squirrel on it to hide the latch. Probably only gonna hold 6-8 guns but hey it'll be one of a kind

Removed a wolfy five stemmed Austrian pine today and did some quick pruning on a wide silver maple, SRT with the Rope Wrench . Super pissed at myself for not noticing the dead battery in my new Canon 7D Mk II--had it on the tripod, and ready for a time exposure--the feature is built in to this kick ass 10 frames per second camera! I shot 1100 pics and vids last weekend at the 5th Annual Bainbridge Island Open Masters Went through about three batteries, and had a old tired one in the camera at the last, and for review afterwards, and just plain forgot to check. The shots are on facebook.com/roger.barnett.96 Several of Sean Kroll... it was good to see ya and competing, Sean! Hadn't seen ya in too long, bud!! By the way, my laptop's touch pad must not have liked that rain..... now I gotta use a mouse....

I'm bummed, as it was a cool tree. I used a controlled speed line, which worked well with two and sometimes three rookies on the ground. Would have been a great one to capture on digital celluloid!!! Me and my freakin senior moments....

I'm off for a week of fencing work in Sweden.
No internet in the cabin in the woods were we'll be staying, so no treehouse.
Apart from that, it should be a fun gig.
Decent pay and a fancy hunting cabin to kick back in after work, sit on the porch enjoying the view and getting drunk on vodka.
The whole estate belongs to the company that makes " Absolut vodka" so I guess the bar will be well stocked with that.
I'll be back in a week with some pictures, hopefully.

I used to be like you!

Make your next move to a Hitch Climber system. Still double rope but oh SO much smoother.
The main difference is that with the Hitch Climber you tend to pull yourself up on the rope above the hitch then strip the slack through underneath to catch yourself. Blakes you tend to pull from below the hitch (at least I did)
The HC system uses and eye/eye friction hitch, cleaner and no dangly ends.

When you are happy with that system, then you can start looking at SRT, I found it a good transition instead of trying to go cold from Blakes to SRT.

This perfect solid advice.

Did start planning my new gun cabinet today, if it turns out right it'll look like a tree growing through my floor and out my ceiling. Might even put a stuffed squirrel on it to hide the latch. Probably only gonna hold 6-8 guns but hey it'll be one of a kind

Love it

Removed a wolfy five stemmed Austrian pine today and did some quick pruning on a wide silver maple, SRT with the Rope Wrench . Super pissed at myself for not noticing the dead battery in my new Canon 7D Mk II--had it on the tripod, and ready for a time exposure--the feature is built in to this kick ass 10 frames per second camera! I shot 1100 pics and vids last weekend at the 5th Annual Bainbridge Island Open Masters Went through about three batteries, and had a old tired one in the camera at the last, and for review afterwards, and just plain forgot to check. The shots are on facebook.com/roger.barnett.96 Several of Sean Kroll... it was good to see ya and competing, Sean! Hadn't seen ya in too long, bud!! By the way, my laptop's touch pad must not have liked that rain..... now I gotta use a mouse....

I'm bummed, as it was a cool tree. I used a controlled speed line, which worked well with two and sometimes three rookies on the ground. Would have been a great one to capture on digital celluloid!!! Me and my freakin senior moments....

Something like this happens every time for me. I have fought back by having a million cameras.

Trevier and I went and took care of a woodchuck/ red squirrel problem for a farmer friend. I got a chuck at about 60 yards and Trev took a red squirrel at almost 40. He's getting to be a rather good shot

I'm off for a week of fencing work in Sweden.
No internet in the cabin in the woods were we'll be staying, so no treehouse.
Apart from that, it should be a fun gig.
Decent pay and a fancy hunting cabin to kick back in after work, sit on the porch enjoying the view and getting drunk on vodka.
The whole estate belongs to the company that makes " Absolut vodka" so I guess the bar will be well stocked with that.
I'll be back in a week with some pictures, hopefully.

Damn, Stig...you're making retirement look kinda lame :). Have a fine time :D.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_k4eyuY3ht0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

finally figuring out how to make audio files work with this editing software, bear with me.

First day at the golf course today...Too wet to run the tractors so spent the day cleaning up the tops of several trees some darn tree guys (Nic and I) dropped into the fairway.:lol::|:

play the ball where it lies:lol:

I had to duck behind the trees only once.:/:

Hopefully, by Wednesday, "Lake driving range" will have dried up enough to run the ball picker & mowers.

I'm picturing Jim with knickers and a tam hat on his head, like Ralph Kramden in the honeymooners when he was learning golf in his kitchen.

One of the best episodes ever....Hellooooo ball! If you don't like this, well, you don't like the honeymooners.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Pp8y62pn1PE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ha! I love that episode Cory. And yes, if I played golf, that is EXACTLY how I would dress. Might as well have some fun and not take yourself too seriously. Especially while whacking a little ball with a stick!

You get WIFI in that log Stephen? Looks nice!

Had some good luck today. My old IH grain truck was running poorly and smoking badly. I figured it was broken rings. Was not going to run it anymore, and was shopping for another old truck.

Dad and I decided to take the valve cover off, a big job in itself. Found a broken intake push rod. It was causing the cylinder to run at super high vacuum, or low, whatever, pulling oil from the crankcase. Push rods are non existent for the big truck engine, 549 cubic inches. I have an old truck that I bought with a blown up engine, it was a 549 too. It was oversped so all the push rods were bent, except for one! Chucked em all in the lathe to check. We used the least wobbly one. Put it all back together with the valve cover from the other engine because my gasket was old and crappy, and the other one was in better shape. A new set of gaskets was a week away.

Started up and no smoke! Now I am back to three trucks for seeding.

Back