How'd it go today?

The last time somebody paid me in advance was about 10 years ago, and I managed to push that job off for almost 3 weeks before I finally did it. Never pay a drunk in advance.
:|:

I'm headed out to do the job in a few minutes. So there!:D

I'm planning on getting some pictures. The house isn't anything special and neither are the trees I'll be working on, but the location is pretty spectacular.

A nice, relaxing morning for me so far today. I looked at a camphor tree removal for a landscaper/ driveway paver installer which we scheduled for Monday, then went and had a big breakfast before getting my hair cut. I had a small job scheduled for this afternoon but it just cancelled on me so it looks like I have the afternoon off.
:)

Well I would never ask to be paid in advance but if someone was offering? What the hell! I trust myself enough to know that I'd either do the work as discussed or at the least for some unknown reason return their money. No sweat I say.

The reason all you guys dont have a problem with getting paid in advance is that you all are trustworthy.

But like hacks saying they are 'arborists' their are also folks who snatch and grab the money and disappear.
Makes us all look bad.
So I don't do it.

I am not shy at all about discussing IN DETAIL, EXACT, payment arrangements.
:)

I wouldn't worry about it, you didn't ask for the money up front, so, WTF? I don't see where it is anyones business how you and your customer handle the payment. As long as both sides are happy that's all that really counts.
See Ya
Mike

I took a little hike in the woods today to check a few trees to take down after the freeze up.It seems I fiddled too long,mother nature flopped one for me .Hundred foot bitter nut hickory.She did a better job than I could have done,or so it seems.:)

The damned ants get in the bases,rot sets in,over they go.Odd indeed,the darned things might have 60 foot of good saw log above the rot.:?

To bad you can't get all those ants to carry the thing closer to the wood pile. I hope to go and cut some Friday it's already in the wood lot.
See Ya
Mike

Well.................. Been a week!!! Found out the wife if supposed to go to Corpus Cristi for three days for work. I've burned all but one of my vacation days!! Went to talk to the sitter, warned her hubby the night before, about it. She had conveniently changed her hours that day:X and gave me a nice note to take home with me telling me about it!! NICE!!! So instead of being available 5:30am, it's now 7:30am. My wife has a 30 min drive and needs to be in by 8. She asks nicely if she can drop the boy off at 7:15 instead. "Sure, that should be fine." Calls the wife at 2:15pm the same day: "If you want to drop him off at that time, you will need to pay overtime! I also talked to the lady from the state, and it's legal for me to change my hours as I need and see fit!" Legal, yes, but rude unprofessional as well!!! Mind you, this is the same lady that has watched our son for 2 1/2 years, and has never been paid late, and paid well!! I'm done with her after this crap:X
Work: The second shift guy has been nothing but a pain in the ass the last month!! He locked himself in the maint. shack so no one would know he was in there and think he was working. Got busted by the HR lady!!! OUR boss has asked him to do things, he just flat says "NO!" He even went so far to say to OUR boss, "When you get the tittle of assistant plant manager, I will do what you tell me!" Not good things to do!!!!!
He got fired today! Now my boss wants to move me to second or third, GREAT:X I cannot do second, because of the babysitter, I have to pick up Bubba by 3:30, until I fin a new sitter, and momma isn't home until 5:30-6. And I just can't get excited about third 8pm-4am:what:
All of this right before we are moving everything in the plant!! Yeah, good times!!!

I'd feel badly for you if you didn't have that mini loader. As is must still envy/hate you. I am a small man.

You betchya!

IMO it's a must have for any tree service, big or small. I am a small fish, and plan on staying that way. It's got low hours but when I use it, I still can't wipe the smile off my face.

Imagine loading that wood by hand!

Thing is, without the mini loader, that job would have been a hell of a lot bigger than it was.
A miniloader is like a groundy that you pay in diesel, and never complains or does a no show, or gives you attitude or etc etc.
Invaluable IMHO.

Try not to stress out too much redneck. I went and did the job today that I got paid for. Very easy job I don't think I perspired all day. The guy also has an oak tree that fell in the lake that I gave him a price on. Here are some pictures one of the bucket truck sitting there doing nothing and a couple of the view out their back porch.

It snowed last night and was forecast to be cloudy and stay below freezing all day. I hate climbing snowy trees so I changed up and went for a haircut and did a little fruit tree pruning job. In the afternoon the sun came out and temps edged up enough to clear the snow off the trees even on north slopes so I decided to try to start the vista pruning job I had postponed. I screwed up and tried to approach the job from the bottom (Park property side). The 2 Cottonwood trees are growing out of the side of a bluff. I got a throwline set with the Bigshot but couldn't get upslope enough to get a hand on the bag (Too steep, too many wild grapevines and too many wet leaves.) So, I drove out of the park (the Rec District kindly provided a key so I could access) and drove a mile around to the customer's yard, slung an anchor around the base of a Barberry bush and traced a line throughthe chainlink fence, hung a pulley on it and abseiled down to the base of the trees. It was 4:00pm by the time I had a rope set in a tree. I got up that one and dropcrotched the top out of it below the level of the top of the bluff and transfered my line into the other tree...by which time it was 4:50 and almost dark-I descended out and body thrust back to the top of the bluff. At least my line is set for Friday.

Yer a hard working mofo, stumper! A lesser man woulda headed off home after leaving the park prop.

Back