How'd it go today?

Working for my wife in the yard today. She likes me getting practical stuff done around the house. Not really my thing. Her love language is a certain four letter word... H E L P.
Mine is a different four letter word.

74ab96077b051e794c67239c73df15bd.jpg

Of course the kids wanted to pitch in...

c09545d81a6c11c8271d827f484ff33a.jpg
4f60f8980f36220fb0759de62123d027.jpg

No, the chipper is not running…

a48a4be7385df49f7ab989ca93b7b3d3.jpg

5b38c59ee9701f4f8ff77bb31d77d1c7.jpg

I re-shape this one every year....

a3e70f2c08291e3e3bc50293ef976d96.jpg
93da0d2037a97e3d54cf09af32c83064.jpg

Looks wonderful, Jim. Love the hot springs, too many to count a stones throw away. With them come the sometimes erupting volcanoes and another one at any moment earthquakes though.

Your crew definitely has a style, August. Like the seriously observant.

Well I'm getting all noided out. So a couple weeks back my CC was corrupted and some useless scummer charged up $6500 bones on it. No issue for me MasterCard looked after it all and it's already off my account.

So yesterday, Sunday. I get a phone call to my cel in the early afternoon. I answer and some guy is like "Hello, is this (my first and last name)?" I reply 'yes'. They hang up. I look on my phone, no caller ID.

Obviously after the fact I'm thinking I should've asked who the hell it was first but really I'm not apt to being suspicious if people phone and ask for me by name. I mean I just finished years and years of handing out business cards and building a business based on my name.

Am I being overly paranoid? Is some clown bucking to steal my identity? It really creeped me out. Anyone else have any phone call like this happen before?

I'm missing how it would be to their advantage to link my name to my number like that? I mean my name is linked to my number and even if I hadn't answered my 'message' would've confirmed my name? It was an obvious hang up on their end after I confirmed my name?

Only thing I can find online about it is some vague remarks about UPS? Or bailiffs looking to serve people? Either seems very unlikely to me. I haven't ordered anything and if someone was looking to serve me papers of some sort I wouldn't be hard to find through normal means.

If someone is going to the trouble of using spoofcard or other such service, well..... they are up to no good IMHO, now if it's a little bad or a lot bad, that's the question!

I googled spoofcard so understand what it's about.

Around here it's not uncommon to have a 'no caller ID' #. My dad always has had one. A few of our friends have them, just off the top of my head. The thing with that spoofcard is you could make your number appear like it's any number, so why would they just go with 'no caller ID'?

I hope I'm overthinking the whole thing. :(

But I am considering stopping by the cop shop and talking to them about it? Royal pita for them probably but I'd like to have some record in case someone goes and gets nasty with my name?

My wife thinks I'm nuts but I feel it'd be prudent based on the recent CC thing?

Frigging low life's man.

I'm crazily secure in my homestead so figures I'd get messed with electronically. :X

We get a bunch of that shit. Local numbers come up and then its some prick from Afghanistan on the line. Lotta stuff about the upcoming election.

Local looking numbers, but its a damn survey of some sort.

I dont answer "unavailable" calls.

My suspicions would be more someone selling my phone info for marketing with what you are describing. They put you on a hot lead list and sell those lists to telemarketer boiler rooms.

I registered at that do not call registry years ago, when it was first offered. I never get any calls

I wonder what the deal is? When something asks for my number, I always give them a bogus number.

Back