How'd it go today?

Besides carrying a quart of Pedialyte in my cooler, I'd drink a quart before I even left the house.

Preload those electrolytes!

Then, don't piss until late afternoon.

I don't think that's good advice, Butch. If you are well hydrated, you will have to P all day long. It's not good to measure what goes in, rather how much, and frequently it comes out, plus color and smell. Brown and stinky, take a drinky ( this means you are way, way behind on hydration).

Don't be a dehydrated DIChead...disoriented (what did I come over to get? Where are my...?), irritable, combative.

Have I had dehydrated people bitch and argue that they weren't dehydrated? you bet. I used to run crews in Nevada, sometime below sea level Death Valley NP 104*F, no shade, and sometimes in high elevations, low moisture air/ intense sun (thin air).

Prehydrate...absolutely!!

Finally picked up some work for this week. Got a trim for Fri, and a bunch of removals starting Wednesday (mostly notch and flop) but I'll take it. Hopefully an object in motion really does stay in motion lol.

I actually have a work vest I made for the hot weather, they sell them to strap onto dogs and I sewed it into the back of a vest, it'll definitely drop your body temp

Fixed a little boo boo from yesterday this morning (water line got bruised ) and then did some mistletoe toe removal with Mike.

Attachments

• IMG_20150602_125446725.jpg
    IMG_20150602_125446725.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20150602_125434341.jpg
    IMG_20150602_125434341.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 49
Close call today, parked the truck up and started cutting and chipping. Then all four wheels slid and off it went! Luckily a handy pile of garden rubbish at the bottom stopped it.
No real damage done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 75
Steeper than it looked, all the wheels were locked with the brake, just once it started there was no stopping it, till the brash pile.

Once, post-tornado, an untrained groundie, without permission, decided to move the truck up a bit to let a neighbor out of their driveway, while I was craning out a tree, and the boss was looking at trees on houses all over town. He didn't park the manual transmission in gear, only the parking brake, no chocks.

The mostly fully loaded chip truck, around C60, with a BC 1000 or better on it, started to ever so slowly creep and start to pick up a tiny bit of speed. One of the groundies ran around and pushed the regular foot break, reaching in from the ground. It was about to go down a steeeep hill and possibly through an occupied house.

F*&^ing employees thinking that they should be making decisions like that...

blew the Kohler on my stump grinder yesterday. 3" hole in the casing...think I can see a rod cap sitting in the bottom all by its lonely.

Came home today. Now just waiting for next week to do a removal.

What kind of grinder were you using Fiddler? Curious because I know you got a lot of use out of it. Good luck getting her up and running again hey?

Cheers

38 Special. I'd have gotten a lot more out of it had I paid more attention to the 25 degree warnings, I htink...I was working on a lot of hills and moving it from one stump to another fully tipped back..totally my fault I'm thinking.

Engine had only 440 hours on it, but the last 300 or so were in 4 hour continuous runs. Only have about 50 stumps to go to finish the job. the new engine will cause me to about break even on the whole thing.:|:

Bummer about the grinder, Dave. Sorry to read it, I guess that will slow you up for awhile.

Got some bad news about my brother, it looks as though his life is ending. Cancer has been taking him down, and it just never stops. No rhyme or reason to it, other than some chaotic viciousness of disease that has destroyed a good man who has much to live for. We're quite close, and I've got this terrible lump in my chest. Sucks, man...good health is a blessing, I can tell you. Cherish family and friends.

Back