How'd it go today?

Nice truck, Stephen.

I had my knee operated on today. It has been bothering me for a couple of years, so I finally got my shit together and had an athroscopy.
We figured it was a torn meniscus, but it was worse than that. Bad arthritis, there is a large area where I'm walking on bone against bone, not good at all.
With a bit of luck and care it should hold til I retire, then I'll need a replacement.
To cut down on sick days i got the surgeon to fix a finger at the same time, so my typing is a bit off.

sweet truck. I got a '93 250 but it's a diesel. getting around 19mpg. stig thats too bad. I worked with a guy for a long time that had his bones rubbing in his knee. doctors were pretty shocked he was doing tree work at all. he finally got knee replaced and hes doing good. he had to wait til a certain age so that he could avoid having done twice. sounds like you just need to hold out till retirement. I know I got some knee problems but I'm almost afraid to have it checked out. pretty sure I got some bones rubbing as well.

:D

It has been losing 1/4 degree per hour for the last 36 hours. No heat load, obviously. I would have expected more loss than that. I started piping today. That insulated PEX is a pain to work with. Now I know why they wouldn't sell it to me when it was 10 degrees last winter.

Nice score on the truck Stephen, and Dave that is one heck of a deal on the owb. That for the house only or will you heat the shop too?
106 today, yea. Nasty oak slow and steady today seemed every branch had something to be rigged past the rotten holes.:(

Played for the "Critter Barn" folks today. they teach kids how to care for animals, about commercial agriculture, and where the food on your plate comes from.

Played about an hour total and made $100. Tomorrow off then playing Bass at a street party Sat.

Nice score on the truck Stephen, and Dave that is one heck of a deal on the owb. That for the house only or will you heat the shop too?
106 today, yea. Nasty oak slow and steady today seemed every branch had something to be rigged past the rotten holes.:(

It will heat my house and the small attached garage. I've got a mountain of slab wood, and a friend of mine has the same machine and he said it loves to eat pine. His favorite wood. Doesn't burn hardwood anymore.

Spent the day on the net & phone trying to get replacement guitar player/lead singer for tomorrow. Finally got a confirmation from someone...whew

My old friend had a mishap with a power saw and cut 5 tendons in the back of his left hand, so is out of commision. I may end up having to take his place for another band on the 31st if they can't find someone. really sucks, Joe was one of the best rythm players I've ever picked with, and a really good singer. We've been close friends for over 30 years and it's tearing me up thinking he may not play again...he's 64 now, and we've been in 4 or 5 different bands together over the years.

Went and looked at two jobs with the crane company boss, or not really the boss anymore, giving the day to day supervising to his son now. Nice guy with long experience, knows how to evaluate a situation. I hate bringing people out to look at jobs and then the possibility of the customer not electing to hire us after getting the estimate, especially when trying to establish a more solid relationship with people handling other aspects of the work. Hate wasting anyone's time. I'm pretty confident that we will get one, the other is more up for grabs.

Umm, why would you not take those toes to the emergency dept!?

Not real big on doctors unless necessary. I wrapped, splinted and taped them. Daily soaking in Epsom salts, changing bandages daily, and they're healing nicely. I climbed a little Wednesday, after four days of rest. Spent 6-1/2 hours in a large water oak yesterday. They don't hurt unless I bump them. Then they speak fluently to me!

Damn, bro, you're tougher than a boiled owl. You must be made of whale bone and spring steel.

Sorry, Dave, I missed mention of your friend, wish him the best. Skill saws have done a lot of damage, I can picture a few ways.

Back