How'd it go today?

Looks pretty horrible.

Went over the hill and found an old tractor rim for a fire pit. Cut up some cedar fence posts with my trusty MS250 and we roasted marshmallows and made smores. Put the pit next to the pond and listened to the ducks and kildeer. Saw a couple of satelites and heard dad go for a motorcycle ride. Listened to the train that is 8 miles away. Good family time. Asked my daughter to sing a couple of songs, she knows Jesus loves me, and Timber by Kesha! Kinda weird. We weeded the garden earlier. I have some pics to post.

I have been quite content with my home life lately.

Ooooh those toes! Hurts just looking. I broke one once, it does take a while to heal.
I'm going to echo the question about steel toe caps.

No, I've never owned a pair of steel-toes. And still don't plan to. I DO have intentions of keeping an even more diligent eye on my toes!

Brings me back to a bad time...tough on all involved.:(

Got back home with camper. came to an agreement on grinding ~1000 stumps. At my leasure, but to finish by May. I will stay in my camper when working there and store it there for the Winter maybe. Won't start for a week or so yet but it will be a nice fill-n for slow weeks. Nice test for the machine as well if I don't wear it completely out.

No tree work this week...just music. Two rehearsals tomorrow, then playing Banjo on a show Thur. and Bass w/another unit on Sat. Have a little break from recording work while studio guys add other parts to what we already laid down.

thanks Butch!

:lol: No kidding Jay. I've posted before about my great love for stump grinding.........Not. I may actually have to break down and listen to music instead of the engine here and there.

That car/ truck crash, had to be texting, wouldn't y'all say?

They expect that she had a medical issue. Nothing more yet though. Dennis said the front axle sheared from the truck and was stuck under the rear.

Pretty much decided to primarily use one crane outfit, the most local. Need to get them to look at a couple jobs. I don't know about you guys, but it is very common to ask the crane company to look at a job before actually doing it. They are super busy, had to talk him into some time on Friday. It isn't uncommon to be ager to get something squared away, and the needed other party isn't so due to current pressing demands. A pain in the A. A call on Friday, he might not still be so keen. With that company, I don't have much of a slot in the pecking order.

Today I did my last job here in this town I lived in for the last 23 years... this weekend I'm moving back to the town I lived prior from back in my logging days,
another new adventure:)

Back