How'd it go today?

Got heated after picking up the mail at my parents today. More random charges and threats if late from the state of ct.

Installed this lovely swing up in paradise, and stopped at the river and enjoyed the sounds on the way home. Soothed the mind.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 43
I was shitting about this job after devas experience. What are ya gonna do though, live in fear?. Im gonna write it up as ornamental swing provided by owner. They are here two times a month, and provide thirty days of ornamental pruning per winter year. All lost because i wont put the swing in?

Had to postpone the big cotton wood. Too windy. Waited around two hours to see if itd ease, but to no avail. Frustrating, but i know better to mess with a tree like that in the wind.

Cottonwoods and pops are very closely related according to wiki, I assume they share the same qualities of fragility that makes climbing them in the wind a no no?

Cottonwoods and pops are very closely related according to wiki, I assume they share the same qualities of fragility that makes climbing them in the wind a no no?
They are populus, essentially. I'd feel safe enough climbing this one but the potential to lose control of the limbs and do damage below is too great.

Quit lyin, you don't go to bed every nite at 1am:/:

In terms of sleep and what not, ya know how some folks purposely get stung by bees for the supposed health benefits (arthritis relief etc)? Well I got stung on the temple a couple days ago by a wasp, no big deal, a few screams, a little running:whine:. That night I woke up at midnight but would have sworn it was around 5am till I saw the clock. So went back to sleep, woke up at 4am feeling fresh so got up and did work till work at 7am. I wonder if the unusual sleep pattern had anything to do with the sting/venom.

Not lying very much : ) sure I don't go to bed at exactly any time but 1:00 am is common and tame compared to when I force myself to bed because of the alarming sight of improving light outside my window and the knowledge of some my crew showing up in a couple hours.
I'm definitely a night person even if I've worked hard the sun going down wakes me up. My mom and dad had seven kids. Growing up they say I was the only one that they let stay up late because I got amiable at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are populus, essentially. I'd feel safe enough climbing this one but the potential to lose control of the limbs and do damage below is too great.

I know one thing, they catch the wind like a sail and drift with the wind further than anything when cut.

Got heated after picking up the mail at my parents today. More random charges and threats if late from the state of ct.

Installed this lovely swing up in paradise, and stopped at the river and enjoyed the sounds on the way home. Soothed the mind.
Hang in there Brendon.
I met a very nice gentleman from up your way yesterday, he retired and bought a house on one of the islands here and wants a couple of trees removed and some others trimmed. He's from Hartford, a retired bus driver. When I gave him a price, he said, "this would cost me an awful lot more in Connecticut". I told him I could adjust the price up if it would help ease his mind. He had coons in his sub floor, (the house is on pilings) and he had a live trap set with an ear of corn in it. When we got through looking at the trees, we were standing under the house talking and I spotted a small coon hiding under a piece of siding, got a glove, caught it and placed it in the trap. I told him there was no charge for the animal control.

i was walking out the front door to make sure my windows were up last night before the big store and walked right through a family of six raccoons eating from the cat dish. Scared the hell out of me because I was not expecting anything like that.

The coons are probably talking about you too, Jim, at their forum. "This uninvited big guy came lunging through while the whole family was dining.....never expected it".

You guys are no doubt right. If a coon can deal with a fox, then a cat must be no contest. Fox have sure dwindled the wild cat population in these parts, and compared to domesticated cats, the wild ones can be pretty tough.

My friend had to jump into an irrigation canal to save his dog from a coon once. Big dog too, probably sixty pounds or so. Dog jumped in to kill the coon swimming in the canal, the coon was sort of swimming on its back so it could see the dog. When the dog got close enough the coon grabbed it by ears and held the dogs head under water. Damn dog was just about done kicking when my friend jumped in and saved it.

Yes, coons are born with that water tactic programmed in. My dad traps them all the time near his chicken coop in those "have a heart" live traps. They have been known to do themselves great bodily harm but chew through metal and tear the metal apart also with their hands and escape. He keeps having to reinforce those metal cages. He caught one whose hair was all missing off of its front legs and big long scars all up and down them. He believes it was one that had escaped prior. Unbelievably strong little animal. If you took a raccoon and scaled it up to the size of a bear it would be the most deadly land animal on the planet. Teeth, intelligence, claws and hands. I have a few tree climbing raccoon stories.

Back