How'd it go today?

Nice work, Page. I hate grinding gigantic uprooted stumps like that, too many rocks and boulders to deal with, in these parts anyway.

Looks like you've been hitting the weight pile, or maybe just bulling around a lot of trees by hand!

I wear short sleeves so Im Open carry all day....its like having 2 tickets to the gun show

Open carry, that's a good one, hadn't heard that one before:lol:

Well played butch. Perhaps a tree house calendar could generate $ for ur buddy. I get house wives asking me to do that quite a few times now

Getting ready this morning to go cut a tree down and I'm touched by how unimportant that is compared to this. My little one year-old, still in diapers, already practicing to be a mom.
e9u7y9yv.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't kid yourself - that tree IS important. That's gonna put that baby through college one day! ;)

Thats the problem. Gotta work to support the family, but gotta spend time with the family. I have not got the balance right yet, but I did take the family boating yesterday. Felt bad after being at fire camp for a few days, so we went to the lake.

Awesome pic August.

It is a balancing act August. My son just moved off to Jacksonville for a year as an intern and I thought about that Cat Stevens song in one of your vids. I pray I was a decent role model but that time away from family does haunt you.

It's as important as time spent with imo. Setting the example of a hard and consistent work ethic and being a good provider.

Well said Squisher.

I kind of blew up at a guy today who ran over one of our rigging lines with his work truck. . . Didn't really feel too bad about it either. He was clearly instructed by ground operations not to run over the working ropes, could have easily waited ten seconds or backed up five feet and made a right to avoid the whole thing, but decided he knew best. He was lucky I was in the tree. . . :2gunfire:

Otherwise everything went off without a hitch. 8)

Hauled 10 loads of logs off a job for a buddy today. We tag team jobs a lot. He doesn't have a mini. 5 rather brutal dump trailer loads and 5 stakebody loads full. They were sticks in the air this morning. Just poles. We bombed them down and loaded them up all day.

Climbed and bombed down a 90' dead pine. NO SAP!!!! I was thrilled. My stuff is so sappy from last week that even after acetone baths I can barely slide the hitches on my flip line and lanyard. Didn't have to haul a twig, we cut it up so the customer could handle it and rolled on. Nice. Rigged down some big limbs off a live oak this eve to make room for a customer's motorhome. He liked our work so much he invited us to come back and play in another tree on another day. :)

Today was just pissing down....you're scrambling up trees but you cant actually look up as youre climbing, because its like trying to look into a shower. It was warm at least.

We were out at cowichan lake, windfirming douglas firs, some view pruning too. Part of a new development on the waterfront. Some of the trees were touching 160....which would look huge in a residential setting, but its funny you dont notice as much in a woods setting, as you dont so much get a comparative view. Until somebody walks underneath, then you think, dam they look small:). Or when you're done with the tree and you've gotta tie-in 60 foot short of the top to reach the ground on a 200 ft line. Its good work though....nothing to damage below and absent of clients or any other nuisance breathing down your neck.

I can't imagine climbing in the pouring rain. It seems like all safety factors get tossed out the window...

If it rains here, other than a passing shower, we go HOME. :drink:

Well it rains here all winter, so you just have to get on and make the best of it. In England it'd rain all year. It slows things down, thats for sure....but todays job was doable, single stem tree's....they're fukc all, tall or short. Big sprawling hardwoods, thats a different matter, especially if you're pruning. Mate, Im just so glad of the work I dont care what the weather does:thumbup:

Well it rains here all winter, so you just have to get on and make the best of it. In England it'd rain all year. It slows things down, thats for sure....but todays job was doable, single stem tree's....they're fukc all, tall or short. Big sprawling hardwoods, thats a different matter, especially if you're pruning. Mate, Im just so glad of the work I dont care what the weather does:thumbup:

People ask me often if I will be showing up if it rains. I say, "yes, because I've noticed that when I don't go to work the money doesn't come."

Most of my work life has been outdoor in extreme conditions. Climbed a lot of fir trees on the Olympic Peninsula and Seattle in the rain and sleet and wind, warming my hands with the exhaust from my 020 every few minutes. Gloves become useless in the wet. The Blake hitch rings my rope out when descending and though I have rain-gear on, water goes down my sleeve.
Now that I work in Oregon, yes it rains in the winter but I comfort myself knowing that it's not as bad as the 9 years commercial fishing in Alaska where the freezing spray whipped my face with jellyfish stings and the curses of ego-maniacal captains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back