How'd it go today?

Shoot man I'm not taking 40' off of a 60' elm tree? That will look like shat, and I don't want to be associated with it.

I feel the same way, but many a tree service starve at some point. Fine line between being a purist and paying the bills.

day is going ok here, drove the wife to work, vacuumed the cab of the truck came home to make me a tasty brunch.

had a very quiet week ahead so I decided to return some of the calls from the weekend and managed to turn 4 estimates (IPM advice with estimate) into consults at my hourly rate :) so tomorrow is booked up and I just now have to finish a short report I started friday so I can bill a days work for today.

making plans to take this long weekend (BC day up here next monday) off, rent a snazzy little car and drive about 6 hours to my buddies parents place in the woods. Buddy, his wife and his parents will be up there too so it should be nice, my wife has to work so no roadsie for her, until labor day when we do it all again and add her to the mix.8)

ride?..... :shifty: for now she says its ok to ride her horse but I dont know how far into the gestation she will continue the practice. Whatever the Doc says goes.

After 5 years of DSL I'm finally going to make the jump and try cable. I just got off the phone with the cable company and the installer will be here Thursday afternoon to run the cable. They even have a discounted price of $30 per month for the first 6 months and no charge for the installation.

I'll wait until everything is all settled in with the cable and make sure I like it before I cancel the DSL service.

seems like cable and DSL are about on par here. similiar speeds, decent service etc from both of the major players. About $30 a month here too.

If you go back to the 'speed test' thread, you'll see that only Che and maybe one other person had a slower connection than me. According to their rankings my connection is slower than 89% of the internet connections in the USA. Most of the cable connections were 5-10 times faster than mine.

One bright spot with the DSL, their customer tech support has always been very good. Unfortunately I've needed them to fix my connection about once every 6 months.

roger that. my speed has been consistent for all the time I have been at this place (about 5 years now) at 1.2Mb transfer rate. only perhaps twice have I had my connection fail or become unavailable and both times it was less than a couple hours until it was restored.

I had cable here for a bit and didnt care much for it. For me it was sluggish. Im back on dsl now.
A package deal with local telephone service including long distance, voice mail etc.,

I think something like 85 bucks a month

No pics,

I worked the bucket and wrecked a big 5 spar monterey pine over
an office building. Lot of work.

Freaking bucket angles, made some hairy cuts where once the cut was going,
I grabbed the joystick and got outta there fast. Lines and targets galore, Traffic stops.

The whole first 3 hours we had a 2007 mercedes parked in the middle of the work zone.
Guess they didn't see all the caution tape and signage, not to park here.

All in all a good one. Back at the shop by 4:10 and home by 5:30. :)

Ran around doing estimates and sat at the desk returning calls from last week. Took a nap. Got a massage. Ran around looking at more work. Good grief. I bid 7 jobs and got all of them. I don't charge enough but ya gotta love faithful clients-all but one were repeat customers.

Right on with the repeat customers Stumper. Today was a repeat customer that flew for the Airforce in Vietnam. He was flying mostly for SF DOA teams he siad he had a hard time flying in enuff ammo for the Detatchment on the ground..Sometiems he couldnt fly in because all the mortars when they were attacking the base. They had 150 mountainyards (Sp) or mercs. helping them defend the base. He said he had the duty for 11 months. Lost no pilots he said his whole tour, month after he left lost 4 planes because they went to SOP or standard operating procedure and flew in a grid square pattern.

I had a GREAT DAY!!!!!! Morning went like crap, doing side glass on a Jeep, had the wrong glass three times, boss sent me to go get the right one, got there and the boss had just called, we had the right one, just in the wrong place!!! These poor ladies had waited two hours on this "one hour job". apologized profusely to them. I then announce I was going to lunch. It was 1:30 and I needed away!!!
So I come back, boss is nothing but nice to me, scared me, and was helping in the shop, we where stupid busy today. So he's working on a new VW Bug, I helped him set it in and he was trying to get the cowl cover on, it just didn't want to fit. I look again and he has my two pound dead blow hammer "taping" it in. I said "I don't see anything god coming from this!" and walked away. Not two minuets latter I hear "GD MF'ing STUPID STUPID STUPID" and two loud crashes as he smashed my dead blow through the brand new windshield he just cracked!!!!!
I had a grin on my face the whole way home:lol: AHH, what a day!!
Now I am off with the wife, Grandpa is coming to stay with Bubba so she an I can go out for our anniversary, what a guy!!!!!!
Andy

Was supposed to get my new snowplow all mounted on my plowtruck today but apparently a couple of pieces were missing.........what if it snows later!:D Got the good word today that a couple of my saws are gonna be getting worked over a bit in the near future :/: , Oh I can hardly wait!

Dumped chips and gotta check everything over for the morn, back into the trees to regain a little of my sanity :|: .

crane in the AM:D

You big tree wrecking crazy mofo!

I got two removals one bucket, one climb and then a couple of limbs to take-off some birch and re-top about 80' of hedge. I tell ya the bucket is nice for big hedges/ornamental work. Swing away have a look, swing back in tidy it up. I haven't done enough hedges to learn to hate them yet, and hopefully I never will.8)

Back