How'd it go today?

Cabled a Linden today, kinda different than my usual mass destruction of trees. Went well though, pretty relaxing work. Then we wrecked out a dead Birch to soothe the craving for sawdust!

I topped out a laurel oak so it could e dropped, pruned a magnolia, and gave a few estimates. Looks like i'm gonna be in pinelleas county doing some large live oak removals next week. Brian, hows the new mustang?

Did some clean up on an account today... Pretty much blow and go. Set up some dead tree felling for September with them and moving on to another account. Rental... Slammed it and went to the bank. Easy peasy day. Except another FS 250 (that I just put a new carb on) broke either a shaft or a clutch.
Fixed dinner and as soon as I am done, I am going to sharpen some chipper blades for tomorrow and Saturday and dig into that FS 250.

Bubba and I were bums today, recovering from yesterday's fiasco! The HO isn't very happy with the work I did on the concrete, I told her that was the joy of working with ready mix.
Went to a dinner/meet and greet/pop culture quiz party with the wife tonight. ASWA (American society of women accountants) To say I wasn't excited would be an understatement.
Well, damn comfortable chairs, margarita machines, decent dinner and some pretty damn good looking women to talk to and oogle, YEAH! Andy had a GOOD night!

I climbed a 90' oak yesterday. I was getting some broken limbs out of some trees at a high end residence and had a couple dead limbs about 20' above the bucket truck reach. The two climbers were busy in the back yard so I threw on my saddle and ran up to take care of it. That was the first time I've hung from a rope and saddle this year.

Finally finished editing some video of the easy-lift harness and down loaded on to YouTube, would like any feedback regarding thoses videos dated June 2nd 2011. Thanks.
easy-lift guy

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F_jxStO61kM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k_ABkOkIzw4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LnB95196AXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bZTVJb7x63M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bZTVJb7x63M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fixed it for you....

Sales have been good, The folks in Europe really like and use the product. Taking a little longer for the folks here in the USA to understand and apereciate the art of working smarter in stead of harder. Lot of macho stuff and I am bigger than you are to deal with also cultural difference from folks south of the boarder, more than a mind set a "backward " way of working for the previous reasons stated. Once the Bean counters and people in risk management figure it out I plan on being very busy for the foreseeable future. Lookin forward to many more happy customers!
easy-lift guy

Just had my health assesment at work. After 3 weeks in the office the torn shoulder muscle is healing well. Only another 3 weeks to go until i'm back on the teams, if all goes well. Only variable now is how many days it will be before i haul my boss over the desk. There is only so much belittlement & condescending comments I can tollerate. The guy thrives on making me and my immediate boss look foolish, whilst he seaks glory & brown noses. Perhaps I'm not cut out for such an environment. There is nowhere in my job description saying I have to be nice to people & suffering fools gladly does not come easy for me

Good to hear you're on the mend! My shoulder's healing up OK, myself.

Ted, I think power pruners are used a LOT more in the UK.

Thanks, glad to hear your both on the mend, The latest model of the Power Pruner is longer and a more powerful drive train as well. I demo both Sthil and Echo at shows and in the video work, thanks for your interest.
elg.

Easy, I don't use that type of equipment but I can see where it puts the weight where it is best handled...on the hips. Your device look ingenious...the hedge trimming was very impressive, a quick job and well done with little strain. If the product is resilient enough to take the beating that it is likely to get then you should do well with it.

Thanks for sharing it.

I'm gonna go on a limb here and guess there ain't a lot of chlorine... ;)

I suspect you may be on to something, Erik. :lol:

Oh it's got chlorine now, perfect level of chlorine by the way... :D

I shocked it yesterday, let the pump cycle overnight, retested this morning, and everything was spot on. The only thing left is getting the water clarified somewhat (it's sourced from an onsite well) and the remaining spots in the deep end, clean.

I had two rather large trees to drop and lay in the woods this morning. One big ass dead Tulip, and one big ass dead Red Oak. Dropped them with my 361 with a 20" bar as I had a problem with my 460 from the get go. Dropped them in the woods, then had to cut the wood out of the stream. Under estimated that job for sure! Oh well I guess.

Back