How'd it go today?

Last minute? Not me, I am a planner. Not sure where I get it from, both my parents were last minute type folks for things like camping etc.

I never plan more than a day ahead, drives the Mrs nuts. Plan all you want, if we have a storm and I got trees on houses Im workin, if the phone dont ring I stay home. How can you plan in our line of work????

I get nervous if I'm less than two weeks booked out. And that's probably why I'm working this weekend to try and get close to caught up.:cry:

I have the income tax bill from hell. All you southerners enjoy your low taxes, I got hammered bad raising funds for my new home. Seems weird to whine about money when I'm living in my dream house. I'll be fine, but it's a character building year for sure.

Bought a new 4 cylinder, water cooled, custom made wood splitter on steriods for a song and in talks of hiring another arborist with 12 years experience. So all in all a good day. :)

53083i0_20.jpeg

0260hcl_20.jpeg

Good way to express it, Squish. Lots of folks take on more when moving up the economic strata, and with that often goes a lot more worrying about money. You do yourself a favor if the anxiety or whatever it is doesn't frig up the healthy perspective and pleasures of success. It isn't necessarily such an easy thing to accomplish that, requires some wisdom apart from the bucks.

Good way to express it, Squish. Lots of folks take on more when moving up the economic strata, and with that often goes a lot more worrying about money. You do yourself a favor if the anxiety or whatever it is doesn't frig up the healthy perspective and pleasures of success. It isn't necessarily such an easy thing to accomplish that, requires some wisdom apart from the bucks.

I never lose site of my good fortune. But I do feel motivated to work!

I've worked for some extremely wealthy people where the word, 'magnate' would apply, and gotten to know them. I'm talking about top class rich, some of the wealthiest in some countries. Some could keep a smile on their face, some had more trouble doing that. Basically, aside from the bank accounts :O, and what that brings in terms of material possessions, when you break it down, they are just like everyone else. Sometimes they get classified as this or that, meh....

We went to Columbus today to see my oldest granddaughter graduate from high school .It's hard to believe she's 18 years old .My but time does fly .

Did some topping restoration on a hazelnut/ filbert to round out a pruning job from yesterday, then pruning more trees, plus an inspection that will turn in to a removal. Just have to bid that reasonably. Tomorrow some more work, then Memorial Day off. Tuesday is an office day at Parks, so I'll have two days to rest. I'm thinking my rotator cuff is starting to act up. Physical Therapy exercises, here I come. Its amazing what they can do.

We spent our day filling a 15 yard dumpster with all the accumulated crap my in-laws garnered over the years. They threw out nothing. One more 15 yarder should do it; maybe sometime next month or so.

On the bright side, I'm close to being able to pack up all my tools and whatnot and put them in a garage convenient to me.

Those jobs can be kind of daunting unless you have help. I went grocery shopping and then worked on a lamp that I'm turning on the lathe.

I remember helping a friend get his elderly dad packed up to move up to Washington with him. The old guy was pretty senile, and the whole time kept telling everyone over and over to f*ck off. After awhile, I found it a little disturbing. Instead of punching him, I left a little early.

My dad was kind of pack ratish himself so I get it natuarally .Eventually the stuff should get sorted out but so far it just hasn't happened .

My dad was kind of pack ratish himself so I get it natuarally .Eventually the stuff should get sorted out but so far it just hasn't happened .

Al, we aren't going to put you on that show "Hoarder's" are we? Nah, we have seen your house and your shop, if you are a pack rat, then you pack it away nicely.

The house is kind of a show place but believe me the shop is a war zone .

I really need to concentrate on some outside cleanup with junk left over from the building addition .The weather is not cooperating because with these monsoons it's a sea of mud .I'm just thankfull I'm not in the south of Louisiana where those poor folks are under water .Lawdy they'll end up with alligators in the garden .:O

Yuk!

I slept till 8, then unloaded the truck from yesterday. Powerwashed my bike while I was at it.

My buddy brought his mini excavator and dump truck over to my house. We pulled up the old walkway, some stumps, and graded between the garage and house for better run off. Came out great, really happy. Finished that up then cut the lawn, spread some chips, and realized how late it was.

Ha!

No.

I have savings points I need to meet before I proceed any further. Almost there and I'll start another round of spending. Gotta have money in the bank. 8)

The deals just keep coming this weekend! 1st the custom wood splitter now this...

Just bought a Vermeer 252 with 400 hours, a 2007 Bandit 2100 with 250 hours, a single axle stump grinding trailer, a 2010 Stihl 261 and a 2010 Stihl 461. Can't tell you what I paid cause you wouldn't believe it. :|:

Now we have 5 stump grinders to choose from......

8145l16_20.jpeg

0339fk9_20.jpeg

Back