How to tie a string to a rock?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Closed form throwing knot.

Open form just isn't cinched, so that it unfurls, hopefully after hitting your target crotch.

I thought cinching the bight with the coils was "open form," and "closed form" was taking the bight up and over the top and snugging it up so it doesn't come undone.

Here's one way to tie a string to a rock...does this help?

:P

Attachments

• 1800 rock down 1-20-2010 014.jpg
    1800 rock down 1-20-2010 014.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 14
If it's to difficult to tie the string to the rock, try tying the rock to the string...:D

True enough, Jer. With the potential for extremely negative consequenses of putting a hell of a load on a winch line, and having the chain, block, and cable slip free and fly back towards the winch, equipment it's mounted to, and (most importantly from my perspective :)) the operator...you damn well better engage your brain when you do something like rigging up what I posted a pic of.

Just put a......
Moab-Hole-N-The-Rock-sm.jpg

I guess you go in at ground level and mosy on up to the upper opening? I bet that cave could tell some storys!

There's a lot of things you can use for a throw weight other than a rock .A medium size shackle works well .Of course if you beaned the cat you wouldn't have to be concerned about setting the line any more .--thump,meow,thud ---

Oh we good naturedly banter about methods of rescuing cats .The more kind hearted shinny up the tree and retrieve them .Net Tree wants to shoot them out and I want to cut the tree out from under them with a chainsaw .. I figured a good knock in the noggin might jar the cats memory and he'd figure in his little cat brain he'd be safer on the ground and thus be on his way post haste .:lol:

Drumlace. Start it off with a bowline on the bottom of the rock and another on the top and then start lacing.
My personal favorite MacGyver I performed on an old f50 when the throttle cable snapped, so I tied some throwline off to the throttle arm and had dude in the passenger seat pull the line to hobble it back into the yard.
Should start a new thread "MacGyvered".

Back