how to charge for hours worked?

Skinny runt? Wtf? Willard, we've hard some disagreement in the past, or one, bygones be bygones, but in all honesty, you've spread some ugly and unpleasant vocabulary of late. To one easily comes to mind, a person that as been ultra gracious supportive of other members. Trying to be objective, I don't get it. Things seem strange with you, or maybe undefinable is a better word. Just saying...

Is this a cock fight or a pecking party?

Is there no more sex in the USA?

Willard, I appreciate your contribution and wld like to thank you. Even though it wasn't for me it was through your posts that I learned of 63ps chain and the 562xp and find them very useful.

Skinny runt eh? It's true I've lost a lot of weight since I started running and biking and dropped a lot of the weightlifting. At 88kgs (192lbs) I'm fitter and faster than I've been in a long time. Obviously, I'll never be as awesome as Willard. Nobody can be.

In fact, what I've noticed is that Nobody on this forum is as Awesome as Willard. No matter whats posted, He will come back with something thats bigger, better faster, fitter, smarter or just more. Never an opportunity is passed up to demonstrate his superiority in business or life. His systems and methods are better than anybody else's. His choice of partners. His choice of vehicles. Always better.

Anybody who disagrees, is instantly insulted, usually with accusations of alcohol or substance abuse impairing their judgement, whilst his judgement is always impeccable.

All of this points to deep seated insecurities within the psyche. underneath all the boasting, there is probably anxiety at how his peers will see him being supported by his spouse. That he obviously has personality traits that prevent him from keeping employees. Most likely explanation would be a Type 2 personality disorder, at a guess Narcissistic Personality disorder (NPD)

"Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a Cluster B personality disorder[1] in which a person is excessively preoccupied with personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity, mentally unable to see the destructive damage they are causing to themselves and to others in the process."

Like most NPD sufferers, they only way they can feel good about themselves is by putting others down. Willards posting definitely reflects this.

Symptoms of this disorder, as defined by the DSM-IV-TR, include:[1]

Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments
Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others
Envies others and believes others envy him/her
Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attractiveness, power, intelligence
Lacks the ability to empathize with the feelings or desires of others
Is arrogant in attitudes and behavior
Has expectations of special treatment that are unrealistic

So I'll carry on being 'skinny'. I'm quite happy being skinny and unable to be a solo arborist.

Bout sums it up Ed.

Eagerly (not) awaiting Willards response as to how his narcissistic personality is better than everyone else's.

Holy shit Ed that was quite a write up, Google is a wonderful thing isn't it? :)

I sure hope you didn't lose a whole day of your vacation getting that all together.

Here's my little binder that I carry to my customers jobsite to estimate the work needed to be done.
Estimate book is in place along with a calculator, invoice book underneath . Zippered pocket in the front to hold my insurance papers, workers comp statement, orange flagging tape and 3 ft extendable magnet baton to measure tree height and beat off yappy dogs.

Always write up a rough estimate on the back of the previous estimates carbon copy page. This way you can get your #s straight and decisions made before you write the customers's permanent estimate. Alot better then crossed out lower prices to turn your customer off.

It takes time and experience to know your capabilities and limitations how long it takes to get that tree removed or pruned.
Sometimes you have to balance the low ball estimates with the high ones until you find a happy compromise .

SDC11936.jpg

Wow Ed. Amazingly spot on. Funniest thing is that then he makes 2 posts immediately to prove your point.

Bang on. Good call. Enjoy the vay-cay.

OK, everyone's happy now with a good satisfied feeling inside, that's good :thumbup:

OK let's all get on now and share our worthy advice for woodslinger our OP of this fine thread.

Holy shit Ed that was quite a write up, Google is a wonderful thing isn't it? :)

I sure hope you didn't lose a whole day of your vacation getting that all together.

Google is a fine thing indeed, but its hard to beat university training in one of the uks top psychology departments.

Narcissists have such an elevated sense of self-worth that they value themselves as inherently better than others, when in reality they have a fragile self-esteem, cannot handle criticism, and often try to compensate for this inner fragility by belittling or disparaging others in an attempt to validate their own self-worth. Comments and criticisms about others are vicious from sufferers of NPD, in an attempt to boost their own poor self-esteem.

And most tellingly, people who suffer from NPD can never admit when they are in the wrong. They carry on blithely ignoring when all around are offended or disgusted by their behaviour. Never an apolgy will be heard.

That's all interesting information but I can't comment on it , as I only have a grade 8 education.
Started making a living with a saw at 16. Probably why I can keep going on , doing what I do.

Back