How many of you are running ported saws

I see he signed back up now too. Cool. I miss his cool builds and all the info provided from years past.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well thanks for all your feedback ... have a VERY well respected builder doing my 460 right after christmas. I had already commited but was hoping to hear what I did in this thread thus far.
Thanks again
Gary

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Brian himself has offered his services so I feel very comfortable and honored to be getting a TW460 from the master.

I was remiss in not mentioning Timberwolf as a mentor. He really got me going with doing mods by his kindly help.

My ported MS660:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CvHp4aSBPfs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CvHp4aSBPfs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

My 3120 is ported and has had the transfers modified. It will run all day pulling a 42" bar no problem but usually runs a 36" with full chisel chain and a seven tooth sprocket

I sent one of my 084's to a guy needing a bigger saw then the 2 MS660's he burned up this year already.
The 084 was woods ported by a good dude in WV and the saw didnt have no pop or nothing fancy but held it's own at any gtg.
The guy got back with me the other day and stated he runs a 50" buried in hardwoods rip cutting most of the day. Very happy with the saw that came from WV.

Yes you know him Al ;).

By that I would assume said saw was commonly known by it's stage name of the beast of which it certainly had earned that name .It had some ballz,no doubt .:)

I pulled out my 034 and used it on today's job. I hadn't been using it lately because the crane guy was moaning a bit about the noise. I shoved in another layer of screen to quiet it up a bit. I put an 036 p and c on it and did a woods mod awhile back. It really is a very aggressive cutting saw, a pretty awesome thing to use. The 034/036 are really good saws, meaner but also still lighter than my 028, which I also like a lot. Oldies but goodies.

That 034/036 really does pretty good with just a little muffler work and the rest stock .Surprisingly well . Light weight ,plenty of grunt .

I think though that with some massaging an 028 could be turned into a runner too .One awaits in the shed as I type for just such a transformation .

I think though that with some massaging an 028 could be turned into a runner too .One awaits in the shed as I type for just such a transformation .

That 028 (from Va) was a good runner we seen at the Pa spring race gtg. Dont imagine it was a woods ported one though.

Hey Kevin and Al, the 028 you seen from Virginia is woods ported, it can run day if needed. It is a Super though. Joey

Hey Kevin and Al, the 028 you seen from Virginia is woods ported, it can run day if needed. It is a Super though. Joey

Then that is a very nice woods ported 028 Joey. I would have bet on that little ripper being a full out gas race saw. super cc 47 or 028avs 51.4cc?

There is a guy selling a 028 with heated handles right now, never seen one of those. Have you seen or heard of those? real clean too.

Good to see you on the site.

I've never heard of heated handles on a 028, but I dont know much. Kevin the 028 you seen has a walbro wt16 carb on it. Never tried anything else.Still has points for ignition. There are 4 other supers that wont quite cut a well as it.(its been tried) And several 026 and one that might.

I'd venture a guess that 80% of the 028s sold here have heated handles.
Today, any saw sold to a professional in Denmark has heated handles.
Only way to make it through the winter.

Back