Home made lowering device ideas

1BUS

TreeHouser
image.jpg I thought I'd make one for myself, any input would be appreciated. image.jpg

I would suggest chamfering the ends of the pins. The 90* angle can be sharp enough to cut your hand.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Will do Carl thanks, yea I was looking for different ideas of mounting to the tree

I like the look of the Stein devices, I would work in a top attachment.

16674d1245713443-lowering-device-project-rc2000-006.jpg

Home made?

That is a photo of one of Regs prototypes for the Stein RC2000, I imagine its quasi-homemade

Can you explain please

The top attachment allows the rope to be pulled through the device with wraps on, which is impossible with a standard porty set up normally. You cn hang a porty that way but with the Stein and the fairleads set up that way you dont need a bight to install the lowering rope, just flip it through the fairleads and around the back.

I bought an RC but it was backordered so long I cancelled it and got some other things instead. Maybe next time!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Zxd8oqnAVLc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I understand now - it is a nice feature
I use a rc2000 - attached to the front of the tractor for pulling trees over with. We have a GRCS, large ISC & Buckingham porty for lowering - but we are spoilt

You should be able to get by with some thinner wall tubing ... less weight ... :)

attachment.php

The large ISC porty has a large tube diameter, great for heavy loads, but always seemed hardwork to run with lighter ones.

It also has slots so you can captivate the line with a krab - a big advantage in situations where alot of slack is put into the system, but does add quite a bit of extra friction

Yeah, that's what I posted, suggesting thinner walls. Won't hurt ... except hauling it around. :)

Back