Helmet comms

Ditto Justin
I doubt I would ever work with out again!
Serious labour and aggravation saver. Not to mention safety. :thumbup:
Happy climber and groundsman now!
Paul.. you rock dude! :D

Attachments

• IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 66
I ordered the SPH 10 to go with our 3 helmet system ( for the crane Op) when we use him. Came in handy this week I was up in the tree doing some trimming over a house and I had the Home owner ( my friend) put it on and he was telling me exactly which ones he wanted removed and some others he added you know since I was already in the tree. Worked great, no yelling or pointing to the wrong branch, or any nonsense like that ! Loving them ! They really should be mandatory!

Comms. There's no going back.

Our local city arborist checked out my set-up and had their purchaser look into it and now they're demoing some 'arborcom' unit from Europe? Sounds about three times as much and not as good. First off they are permanently mounted in a ear muff so I would assume would only last the life of the muff at best. And the muff they're mounted in doesn't work worth a crap in the cold. Brilliant.

Anyone else heard of these?

I know arborcoms. Vastly overpriced, relatively decent quality. Peter made his own units over here using Sena equipment rather than buy arborcoms.

Had all three of us on the job today but Katy lost her phone :dontknow:
Anyway... Chipper running, zip line, mini and the 200T.....
Katy stayed on comm while we lined out 1/2 a tree over the other 1/2 they wanted to keep. Stage one removal. 1/2 dead. 3 TIP for the zip line JIC as the tree was crazily compromised by mistletoe. Big old hollows :P
Chipper and saws never stopped. Then the mini clearing the road ..... 200T screaming.. Never lost instructions.... Everyone had no down time. Like clockwork.
I was chunking leaders down while Kat and the kids had lunch. Rob talked to me from the chipper while I was running the opened up 200T the whole time. Only had to raise our voice a little over the noise.
Stopped traffic on the road to dump a couple tops out there. What a God send being able to talk to you flagger... One more set would really tie it up. But we did great... Amazing what a little communication can do...

PAUL YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the noise canceling to work best it's very important to have the mic positioned properly. Little arrow/pointy side out and mic in front of mouth. Otherwise I've found you have to turn it up to loud to hear the person and you're turning up the background noise too.

Just got off the phone with Paul and he said the pair I ordered will get sent tomorrow. 8)

Really looking forward to the improved communications.

It's a pleasure being able to just smoothly get the job done. We had not put on the helmets as yet when Rob started running the mini moving gear this morning and had to shut the mini off twice. I found the fact that he had to stop everything to hear me quite irritating after having days of perfect communication between the three of us. Run them for about 8 hours yesterday and today. Only got 1/2 a day today as the truck decided to pitch a fit and throw two belts on it's way to an early morning brake adjustment and inspection... Grrrrrrrrrr

:big-dance2::big-dance2::big-dance2::boogie::boogie::big-jump:

Helmets arrived today. Could have used them the last couple days and know they will come in handy tomorrow (some high roping out to do with traffic and machines running below). Now I just have to learn not to yell, I've been doing it for so long. :lol:

I'm surprised I already got them to work here at home. Easy to operate & understand even for me. Thought I'd have to hand them to the kid to get them going.:|:

Thanks for the great service and the call Paul!

Back