Grove AT635E

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
latest addition to the crane....
1.jpg
I love being able to move the crane from job to job and not have to have somebody follow me in a car.

Perfect! I always wanted to do that on the front of my dump truck. When I finally got a dual sport, I only lasted three weeks before I crashed it. Oops.:lol:

never take the time to get pictures but thought I would share some of this job. It was a Biatch! Tree was way bigger than it looks in pictures, hot lines on street, our only access was over a high curb 18" higher than the yard where we entered then very steep grade. We built up access ramp with timbers and dumped chips onto of those then laid matts down. Put crane in Sunday afternoon so we could get an early start yesterday and man it poured down all night, I lay awake most of the night thinking about getting stuck in there!!

lifted the logs up and over the primaries on the street to load

2.jpg

This cut weighed in at 3700#, doesn't look that big does it!!

3.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 90
What is your uphill dunnage like? looks like plywood.

I know very little about setting up on a slope. Seems like cutting a flat spot into the slope, without disturbing compacted soil, creating a spot for timber dunnage, would be way more solid than being on a slope.

uphill mats are 3" thick oak. We were trying not to damage yard too much so didn't dig, probably should have or jacked crane higher so we could have leveled it out more with cribbing

Is there an actual plan for if the crane dumps into the power or its more just that can't happen. What sort of capacity did you have there?

our capacity is usually dictated by our wimpy hoist which is good for 6600 with a single part line. If we tipped the plan was for everybody to die or flee.

Back