Grcs loose

arborworks1

Treehouser
The harken winch is sliding out about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. Also the keyway where you insert the handle driver is moving out as well. is this normal or do i need to tighten something?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't have the thing infront of me, Do I need to take something off to get to the screw?

Yup, just look in the hole that handle inserts into. At the bottom is a big screw. Tighten that.

Surprisingly the entire winch spool is secured by that one screw in the bottom of the socket well. The design of the winch proves the screw sufficient, only so long as you don't compromise the fair leads.

The new GRCS training video "Safety First" gives insight to all of that.

The GRCS is the epitome of the finest arborist capstan winch and braking system rolled into one. The best design and engineering proven through real experience, But as with everything in this business a fool can prove anything otherwise.

To get the screw nice and tight it is easiest to take a rope and wrap it around. Hold the capstan from moving with the rope while tightening the screw

...But you really should get that vid Gerry mentioned. Because it prob. is a good time to take it apart and clean it and re-grease it.

Back