.325 mini

Naturarbo

Naturarbo
So Husqvarna has this .325 mini chain. never seen it before. Also seems that from factory there is no 1/4 saw.
Where do I get a 2 in sharpener in europe?
If I use the file in the pic 3/8 on a .325 mini chain what will be the resulte??
Great life I have where all this new things force me to learn more and more.

Attachments

• lima.jpg
    lima.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 6
It would be better to use the 5/32" that is specced. That's the same size file you'd use for ⅜lp chain, so I'd guess you have some. If using the wrong file, I prefer to go down in size. A larger file /may/ work, especially on new chain, but it'll become a problem as the chain wears.

According to your picture, the new chain uses a 5/32" file which is the same file on your file tool. However, the spacing is different so the flat file will not align with the rakers. The file by itself will work, the tool will not.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So better to do it old school??
First cutting teeth then depth rakers?
Has anyone ever seem the file 2 in 1 anywhere or even chain and bars .325 mini?

Old school works. Takes a little practice, but you should be able to be functional on first attempt, then refine it with experience. Rakers only need to be lowered every so often. Maybe hit them at each quarter chain point. IOW, 4 times through the life of the chain.

I understand how the 2in1 works, but never held one in my hand. Maybe the regular .325 2in1 with a 5/32 file shimmed as necessary to fit would work? The relationship between the raker and tooth should be typical regardless of pitch and tooth size.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You know @lxskllr after 2 years in the business I found those 2 in 1.
And the life of chains got longer.
Until now chains would only retire after loosing 1 tooth cause was to little metal on it.
Guess I will have to change.
Or find a 2 in 1 .325 mini.
Wish me luck.

Good luck! Another alternative would be switching the bar & chain to something you have supplies for. Maybe 3/8lp narrow kerf. You'd have to research the availability of sprockets and bars.

What Brian said.
My first thought is what is the depth gauge setting for the .325 mini?

The 2in1 file kit for 3/8p is preset for the depth gauge setting, so either it will be the same (after some research) or it won't.

I think depth is consistent across every pitch. I also think the 2in1 is pitch specific and requires the correct spacing to work. IOW, ⅜lp won't work for .325 since the spacing is different. I may be wrong. Never used one.

Stihl 1/4p pitch chain is .45 depth gauge clearance
Stihl 3/4p pitch chain is .65 depth gauge clearance.
Stihl regular .325 pitch chain is .65 dg clearance

So if that .325 mini is .65 dg clearance, then your 3/8p two in one file kit should work as it's indicated they take the same size file already.

Back