grapple truck help

treeman75

TreeHouser
I am buying a grapple truck soon and not sure on a couple things. Im not sure if I want a single or double axel and not sure on the brand of loader. Any help is greatly appreciated.

We don't know near enough about your operation to give advice on such vague info pal. Surely you have some ideas to throw out here

Right? I have been thinking for a while what the perfect start up set up would be... I am leaning towards a huge grapple truck like that.. No bucket, no chipper, no chip trucks or trailers... Just that bad boy, drag it within reach and jam it in there. As soon as I can afford a Gehl and a trailer, add that and then a rear mount bucket 5 or 10 years down the line.

The way I se it I can put it on the ground no problemo, its the putting it in the truck I hate. Plus its free to dump brush and logs here so...

Many have opted for a chipper-less operation, and that's the vehicle it takes to be able to do that. That, plus a good dump.

No dump, that's the trade off for the reach of the rear mount. My understanding is they unload pretty quick with that big grapple.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I think a rear mount is better. Talked to a few folks that rolled new grapple trucks after the load shifted or the ground gave way while pulling forward.
The rotobec grapples are real fast.

If you are packing brush in it then a dump doesnt seem as helpful, plus its another maintenance issue. Rear mount gives you considerably more reach and versatility. Unloading doesnt seem to be a big issue with the guys that have rear mounts.

Have you seen Tree Care Incs videos?

In this situation a mid mount is useless:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fAsytDVCIRk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heres another just for fun
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9Wt3fP6Vwsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have seen the first vid and just watched the second, they are nice vids. Its going to be awesome to be able to process material like that. I remember getting my first chipper and thought it was the best thing in the world.

Back