Good Morning!

Trying to bump up my prices. I'm busy. Too busy for the dollars coming in.

Sold the small job onsite.

The other bus driver's job was way more substantial. A dying group of (5) 26-30"+ by 90' tall maples to go away. 1.3 miles from home.

I've been out this morning checking plow sites. Enough snow at my place to have to check in town, but not enough in town to even sand/salt. A highly unprofitable 3:00am morning. That's how it goes with plowing around here though, hit and miss.

I used to have that happen often when I plowed. I'm right on the edge of most Lake Effect events so 1/2 my route would be buried and the other 1/2 hardly a smidgen. Luckily the hardly hit 1/2 had several parking lots the usually needed salted.

Raining here this am. I'll dig out another drive if it quits. More housework and some Banjo explorations on the menu today.

I'm amazed at the numbers I can turn plowing compared to treework. Way better margins, easier, less risk, about the only thing that sucks is the hours.

I agree. I did 3x the profit margin in lawn & snow service what I do in trees...then again I was flat out busting it back then and am now kinda semi-retired (or so I like to think).

I don't think that would be the case today with the higher fuel and insurance costs. I got out of the L & S game when the price of fuel and insurance both doubled within the same month or so.

Taking the pick-up into shop today for a tune-up. Not looking forward to running on the slippery roads the way it is running but it needs done and already made the appt.

Treestuff order on the agenda also.:/:

Hope everyone has a safe day!

My small engine guy stopped by to pick up my snow-thrower and informed me our mutual friend we had both been cutting tracks for in the studio recently died of a heart attack.

Not a great way to enjoy my first cup of coffee this morning. We don't know all the details for sure yet, or how far along the mixing of the album tracks has gotten.

Hope all of you traveling for the US holiday has a safe time on the roads and in the air, and a great holiday!:)

Going to buck up some of the smaller hardwood I have sitting around for firewood today. Lady in need is coming to pick up a load or two with her truck.

She has 3 dead Ash I looked at yesterday and will take down for her when the weather suits me. She can evidently run a saw herself and will cut up what I take down, but once I have my ground saw started I'll probably just cut it all up anyway. She doesn't have much and is struggling a bit, so I'm just letting her give me whatever she thinks is fair and can afford.

That's a good way to be with people trying hard to get by, and willing to sweat to help themselves.

Having motivational troubles. Was hoping for snow to officially shut down a steep road, over which is perched a dead madrone with my name on it. Unfortunately, it requires a permit, traffic control plan, lane obstruction, signage, and cones. Doesn't look like the snow will stick, so they won't close the road for me. Time will tell. I'm headed that was to work on some other stuff, solo, well, with the Ogre (mini). I would really like to chunk it into the road and drag it down to the staging area.

Kind of doing the same here Dave. Bunch of drop and walks. Lay them down so that local folk can butcher them up and haul off the wood. Lady does not have a bunch of money. 046 and 066 makes quick work of limbing and bucking a conifer. Well probably take the mini and help some older folks load the wood. Her and her tenant is going to burn the slash. Called some folks I knew where hurting for wood to meet us up there.

Yep, and it gives me another place to dump wood off next Summer instead of dragging it home hopefully. I like giving back a bit when and how I can.:)

Good on ya Steph.:thumbup:

I'd deliver all she wanted (very close) but left my mini and dump trailer up North and chip truck won't get licensed again 'til Spring probably.:|:

She only has one drop and the other two I'll climb. Judging from the stumps I saw :O there it's a good thing my buddy called me to take these three down, as they are closer to the buildings.

Lol. First thing I teach a greenhorn, if you make a ugly stump atleast have the decency to cut off the evidence.

Turns out, some local guys are going to take the big stuff for milling in logs and will limb them all and pile it for her.
Little stuff is going to be cut up and gone this week.
I dropped 9 or 10 more 18" <= with wedges and rope today that the regular help could not fell. CLeaned up all my stumps and old ones so she can put yard ornaments on them. In and out in two hours.. Then it started raining.
No need to pull the mini out. ran with two saws and a pulling kit. Wedges and axe. Man did I make a mess.
Love when I don't need to clean stuff up :D

Back