Friction Hitch confirmation!!!

ATEC15

TreeHouser
I'm currently using this friction hitch. I've youtubed and google searched this. From my understanding it is called the Xt hitch, but I'm pretty sure there was another way of tying it. Can someone confirm if this is the so called "Xt hitch"? Am I tying it the right way? Also by the looks of it, would that be considered a 3-4 or 3-3(wraps/braids)?

Pic>front/back
image.jpg image.jpg

This is the way I learned to tie it. If your way works and does not twist up the rope to bad then I would go with it.
IMGP0034.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That looks like a vt hitch. Or is it a Xt that someone taught you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought the XT was a VT, just with an extra twist below the initial wraps.

Thought the XT was a VT, just with an extra twist below the initial wraps.

Yeah it is, but I believe the extra twist that there talking about is the top strand going under the lower strand before the initial start of the braids(how I have it in my pic)....but I'm trying to confirm it on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't go wrong with those Velcro spur pads. I have the Buckingham velcros with steel inserts. Super comfortable. You forgot your stopper knot....Cool pic ;)

Ok cool. Just sent you a private message through tapatalk. Let me know if you got it

The video shown is how I was taught the x.t. 4 wraps and three braids. Hard to find any info on it. Thanks for the video!

So the initial wrap to start the XT(top end going under lower end) counts as a braid? If that's so, then in using a 3 wrap 4 braids in my pic

I could never get into those hitches, if I'm DdRT I use a distel, grabs and releases consistantly through the different weather and rope/hitch wear/condition. I use a HH 99% of the time, 1 hitch to use, may be add/remove a wrap.

None the less it is good knowledge to keep in the toolbox.

I could never get into those hitches, if I'm DdRT I use a distel, grabs and releases consistantly through the different weather and rope/hitch wear/condition. I use a HH 99% of the time, 1 hitch to use, may be add/remove a wrap.

None the less it is good knowledge to keep in the toolbox.

HH almost always, otherwise Rope Wrench. I use a VT. I would have learned the XT if I climbed DdRT more than to bail out or crane work.

Back