Fixing a bad job?

treehawk1996

TreeHouser
So out at my tech school I go to every single tree they have is planted way to deep(a foot to foot and a half of mulch/dirt over trunk flare) I would like to fix this if they will let me. Would it be wise to give them a report about the problem and how it effects the tree, etc? I don't want to come of as a know it all to them. Any suggestions? (Trying to become their tree guy for the 3 years I'm going to be there.)

I would find out who is responsible for grounds maintainenance and drop him off the info with your info
to be involved/volunteer/get paid.
Play up the dollars invested and dollars lost if not remedied and you are guaranteed to get more response.

Everyone hates to hear of investments not growing.

We lift and replant trees all the time. It's expensive and takes time and the clients that typically do it are the ones that CARE and want to rectify the situation after we show that they are surely headed down a path of a dwindling tree.

Yes, talk to them about it. Get your talking points clear and provide some online resources so that can see for themselves that you know what's up. Send them to http://www.treesaregood.com/treecare/tree_planting.aspx as a starter.

Bring us pics!!!

Back