Fitchburg Chipper for sale

jhster2

Treehouser
I have a Fitchburg Chipper for sale.
It has a Ford Industrial V8 Engine, and a 15" drum. Runs great and works good but blades will need to be sharpened/adjusted.
New parts just installed are:
Radiator. Tires. Wheel bearings. Spark plugs. Belts and hoses. Points. Rotor. Cap.
Located near Rosamond California.
If interested, please call John at (661)220-1492. Thank you.
20220704_152617~3.jpg 20221121_162643.jpg 20221121_162708.jpg 20221121_162656.jpg

That thing looks to be absolutely loaded with safety features.
What year is it?

The amount of stamps needed to send it to me would kill the deal.
Also, I wouldn't let any employee of mine near that thing.

Pretty friggin' touchy, ain't ya.

Last edited:
Yea, this machine was mentioned here before, but I can't remember exactly where.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good luck with the sale!
Thank you
The amount of stamps needed to send it to me would kill the deal.
Also, I wouldn't let any employee of mine near that thing.

Pretty friggin' touchy, ain't ya.
All I'm trying to do is sell a machine.
If, as you have just indicated, you have no interest in purchasing it, I will ask you to please stop posting here.
Thank you.
And goodbye.

So you join a forum for the sole purpose of selling an antique chipper, that no-one except somebody looking into starting a Pebble beach show for chippers, could be interested in, and right off tell an old member to shut up.

Classy!

That thing is an accident waiting to happen.
I believe it was made somewhere between 1958 and 1962.
So, at least 40 yrs old, what's it's service history. Is it yours, why do you want to sell it?

So, at least 40 yrs old, what's it's service history. Is it yours, why do you want to sell it?
I was born in 1963, so I’d love for you to be right, but that makes it at least 60 years old!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Bermy.
Well I didn't want to bore all of you with all of this, but here goes. Just remember, you asked.
It was purchased new by the father of the man I purchased it from to use in his orange tree orchard near Tehachapi California. When his father retired and sold off the orchards acreage to developers they stopped using the machine and it sat idle on his property for about 15 years. I purchased it to help me clear tumbleweeds from my property near Rosamond. After getting it back into working condition it did the job very well. However, I soon realized that feeding thousands of tumbleweeds into it one at a time was going to take forever. Therefore I opted to go in a different direction with the tumbleweeds removal so I no longer have any need for this chipper. The man I bought it from told me that they had never had the blades serviced, so that is why I listed that as something that would probably need to be looked at. I had no problems with the machines functioning, but then I was only using it to mulch up lightweight tumbleweeds. So far, I have not been able to find anyone who can help me sharpen and adjust the blades. So I thought it would be best to leave the servicing of the blades to someone who would be more familiar with that particular type of task. That is why I decided to try and sell it here to someone in the business who would be more knowledgeable regarding that particular procedure. After posting it for sale here it has become obvious to me that I know little to nothing about wood chipper machines. I'm sorry that it's not a more modern machine. It is what it is. I had no idea that by listing it for sale here that I was opening myself up to so many negative comments about what I am only trying to sell to someone else who might want to put it to use. It does what it was designed to do, and I hate to see something go to waste that is still in useable condition.
John.

Last edited:
So you join a forum for the sole purpose of selling an antique chipper, that no-one except somebody looking into starting a Pebble beach show for chippers, could be interested in, and right off tell an old member to shut up.

Classy!
What’s the Pebble beach reference?

Funny how Bermy can always bring out the best in people.
Sorry for pissing on you John.
Had you started out with the story, I wouldn't have.
I'm sitting on a ship on the coast of Norway, stuck wirh a bunch of people, basically hating the whole World right now and it spilled over on you.

That chipper IS a dangerous piece of shit, though!