Favorite Bridge Material

HBP

TreeHouser
The bridge on my ergovation is getting worn, and developing a flat spot. Just wondering if you all have a favorite cordage for your rope bridges.

My favorite is the stuff that comes on the TreeMotion. I believe it's called Globe3000. I sent a 5 year old bridge of it to niceguydave (wiley_p) at Wesspur to be break tested. After five years it still broke at quite high strength, around 6000 lbs if I remember correctly.

Edit: just dug up the PM he sent me, here's the break test info:

"I got the results. that stuff is good bridge material I have found. Yours broke at 6122# I think tensile on that stuff is 8000 or so. It seems to wear very well. It broke just in front of the fisherman knot on one side not in the center at the Biner."

Glad you brought this up, mine probably needs replaced.

It is a flat 9" woven nylon bridge -used on a Butterfly saddle, secured by 2 clevis. No signs of wear, but it really should be retired.

Thanks for the impromptu.

...Steel / Concrete for suspesion...George Washington , Golden Gate ...masterpieces really....some really nice wooden covered ones here too

Wood, absolutely.
Here is my favourite one.

I once knocked a rollerskater on his ass on that bridge, a fond memory.
He was racing along, zig-zagging among the pedestrians and expected me to jump aside when he came.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What a dummy, i didn't even think about using tritech, i have been using it as a lanyard for a while and love it.

Back