Hitch climber eccentric

Treeaddict

Treehouser
Is it erroneous to put a hitch climber eccentric on your rope bridge so you can have 2 or 3 attachment points? I’m aware of other devices (Rook) but have a hitch climber already.

A Camp Gyro can be threaded onto a rope bridge without a rubber grommet.

I have both a ring that I use, generally, with the Gyro for swivel needs with 2 connections.

Two bridges can be nice, and also, cluttered.

The Gyro, or similar, makes one bridge attachment point for multiple systems, which is good. Compact, too.

Beware the swivel on the bridge :). At least with DRT systems.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed. I’m not a swivel on the bridge fan. Not a pulley on the bridge fan either. I’m really just looking for a second attachment point on a single bridge. Maybe just a second ring would suffice
Beware the swivel on the bridge :). At least with DRT systems.

I have a rook on one bridge and a ring on the other, I use the ring mostly since I use my zigzag+ for most of my climbing, since its got a hole in it for a second system that's what I use, very seldom do I have 2 systems on my bridge
that being said I like the rook, cleans things right up if I'm using 2 systems that don't have holes to attach to (akimbo, uni) also helps with MRS with an SRT device like the RRP or akimbo which doesn't have an anchor hole

I've used the HC on my bridge and was sketched out quite a bit, feel more comfortable using it as an anchor in the canopy, usually with a hitch cord and a biner as a lightweight small anchor, assuming im not natural crotching my rope

Agreed. I’m not a swivel on the bridge fan. Not a pulley on the bridge fan either. I’m really just looking for a second attachment point on a single bridge. Maybe just a second ring would suffice
I seldom needed a second attachment point on my Sequoia bridge, but when I did, I just added a SS threaded quick link of appropriate size and rating. Tighten it down a bit with a wrench, use it for that need, then remove it until the next time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I seldom needed a second attachment point on my Sequoia bridge, but when I did, I just added a SS threaded quick link of appropriate size and rating. Tighten it down a bit with a wrench, use it for that need, then remove it until the next time.
Thanks Burnham. Maybe I over thought and engineered. Wouldn’t be the first time. I like your easy and cheap solution the best.

Back