Facebook On the Job?

Im not trying to say that facebook will get someone killed. Im not being dramatic like that. But he needs to have regard to his chosen job, and the fact that a tree job is a war zone. Literally, loaded with ways to die. Big trucks in tight places with blind spots, this guy in the air, this guy on ground, where logs fall from air, this guy running chainsaw, this guy feeding a chipper that can accommodate his waist size, etc. Its a war zone, and men must get that through their heads. Phone use at work is bad enough in a safe setting, no need to muddy the waters in a dangerous setting.

I had a guy almost get drilled by a huge widow maker that came loose while craning a Pondo. He was down below, head down, on his f-ing Iphone. He was 50 or so also, should have know better... I burned out of the tree so fast and just unleashed on him. Keep in mind, I'm pretty mellow, so this was slightly out of character. He walked then and there. Phones in the truck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really appreciate those thoughts Tucker. I think that I needed that reminder on the subject of safety too. Feels like we've all been getting WAY to complacent lately... Not good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had a guy almost get drilled by a huge widow maker that came loose while craning a Pondo. He was down below, head down, on his f-ing Iphone. He was 50 or so also, should have know better... I burned out of the tree so fast and just unleashed on him. Keep in mind, I'm pretty mellow, so this was slightly out of character. He walked then and there. Phones in the truck.

Dang.

serious problem with young people. they are truly addicted in many cases. This person probably is addicted and the only way they will get off it is by not having the phone with them..IMO

Erik
www.pro-cuttreeservice.com

Back