dualcender flipline system?

sawslingrETW

TreeHouser
Does anybody know if the rock exotica dual cender would work well in a 2n1 flipline system?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you for the welcome i am new here. First post. The reason i am asking is because i use the klimair 2 in 1 setup. I am in washington and learned from an old schooler who looped his 2 in 1 rope lanyard around his d. Not a cats paw but it was adjustable with ease. I like the idea of one handed adjustment and not having a huge bite to wiggle my ascender up to get it to flip to the other side. I habe made a one with a dual mini pulley with the the sliding sheath with the two holes in between and made attached it to the hip with the regular top of the pulley and then connected 2 friction hitches to 2 fliplines in the pulley and attached the hitches to th sliding sheath. But it gets gummed up with pitch. Liked my old bosses way but the company i work for only follows that one gear safety rule "no knots, ascenders or hitches.

I always wanted to learn i can splice 3 strand and 12 strand hollow braid but nothing else sadly. I work consistenly 12 hour workdays 5 days a week then work on weekends as well so it hard to find the time. It will be a slow endevour but i am intending to work on it and be proficient in the next year.

I have tried it but i want a small 2 in 1 compact design. With the microcender id need 2 for 2 fliplines. The klimair is an awesome rig but i don like having to jiggle the bite out of the one side.

Thank you for the welcome i am new here. First post. The reason i am asking is because i use the klimair 2 in 1 setup. I am in washington and learned from an old schooler who looped his 2 in 1 rope lanyard around his d. Not a cats paw but it was adjustable with ease. I like the idea of one handed adjustment and not having a huge bite to wiggle my ascender up to get it to flip to the other side. I habe made a one with a dual mini pulley with the the sliding sheath with the two holes in between and made attached it to the hip with the regular top of the pulley and then connected 2 friction hitches to 2 fliplines in the pulley and attached the hitches to th sliding sheath. But it gets gummed up with pitch. Liked my old bosses way but the company i work for only follows that one gear safety rule "no knots, ascenders or hitches.

O.k. man... do you mind if I ask about what company? Seems like a bit of a weird rule, and I thought that I worked for the king of the safety paranoiacs... Davey.

Eastside tree works and its the foreman not the company.

Personally I like two lanyards instead of a 2-1, more room for adjustment. Fruit trees and small trees I like a 2-1 with a prussic.

I have tried it but i want a small 2 in 1 compact design. With the microcender id need 2 for 2 fliplines. The klimair is an awesome rig but i don like having to jiggle the bite out of the one side.
Nature of the beast I'd say. Any 2 way ascender is going to require 2 hands to tighten up. I have a prototype klimair and none of the crew really uses it due to it not being easily one handed.

....used to use 2 in 1 , even had a Klimair. Went to two safeties , one w a Gibbs the other adjusts with an old High Vee splice with a Blake's and small minder pulley on the rope.

Back