Do you think you might like THIS climbing job???

• Thread starter ClimbingFool
  • Start date
  • Replies 61
  • Views 6K
Foam?

And welcome to the TreeHouse, Shanexv! Four years in treework? You must be an Expert, like I was, back then! :lol:

Haha now I wouldn't say that. Back when I was in highschool a friend and I started doin groundwork with a man in my town that's done tree work for almost 40 years. Started climbing right around the time I graduated in 09, I'm 20 now and stay pretty busy doing jobs around here, there's not many reputable tree people here and it's pretty hard to stay busy all the time seeing that no one here cares about their trees until they are so rotten you can push them over.
Faaaaaaaarrrrr from expert but doing everything I can to learn!

You are at the right place to learn some good stuff. I have picked up a LOT of useful ideas here...browse the old threads.

And be sure you have read Jeff Jepson's book, The Tree Climber's Companion:

http://newtribe.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=34

And tap into ANYTHING Jerrry Beranek has out there.

http://www.atreestory.com/index.php

His "Fundamentals" book is priceless...I refer to it often.

I just ordered "Working Climber DVD Series Two, Cutting and Rigging in the Tree" for my further education.

Yeah I have learned a tremendous amount from reading through these forums. Those books are definitely on my shopping list. I am pretty new to the scene.. I wish I could say that I did this kind of work every day but people just don't care about it around here. When I'm lucky I usually get around a job or two a week, although almost every day after my regular job I come home and climb my trees just for fun and to get away

Trees I don't mind climbing, but I don't even like being on top of ladders and buildings. Let alone those, with the hotness all around you no less. That's impressive Masterblaster

The climbing up so high in a man made object thing. I responded to the beginning of this thread without noticing the five pages that had occured since.

trees - I'm good although highest I've been is 140', roofs- I'm good, but put me on the edge of a cliff and I'm done! something about looking over the edge gets me bad!

Back