Crazy Stuff Sold On TV

I always keep them handy when bucking. sometimes they can help you avoid splitting the top end of a valuable log as you buck it.
And help you out of those lack of brain mishaps of course.

Cutting saw logs, I would keep some handy when bucking. When I logged, I never had to make logs by hand. Everything went to the landing full length. Once in awhile I had to buck logs with a saw. All my saw work when logging was felling and topping. Skin the pole and cut the top off at 8" once on the ground.

I buck a lot of logs in the street, a few will be sitting flat. I generally leave a little strap that the mini can break apart. Every once in awhile that little shift towards the end can lock things up. I'm going to try that cut a little wedge from the top and tap it in with the bar, that seems a cool idea. I wouldn't have thought of it in a million years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's how I use it when I'm bucking a log - I always thought it was common knowledge.

It may be common knowledge in the US, but I had never heard of it before.

Tried it out at work today a bunch of times, and that one goes right into my bag of tricks.

Works GREAT!!!

I can even use it for bucking logs, of the piece up from the log is going to be processed as firewood, so no'one cares about the slanted cut.

Thanks a lot, Chris, after 30+ years in the trade, it is not often I get to learn a new trick.:thumbup:

I take that compliment seriously Stig. Thank you. It was one of the first tricks I picked up on when I went head first into this trade. I was on a lot clearing job and bucking logs with a 660 and a big bar. I kept binding it, as any beginner would, and my uncle came upon me with the saw stuck. We cut the saw free with another saw and he sowed me that old trick and said "That's an old timers trick there, remember it"......

iQWULsA8HCrNB.gif

Attachment.ashx

Oh wait.. they are just starting out lower with it now...
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4p0PtxI8Oaw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ya know... with a little creativity and the right woman.. a guy could have some fun with this... :lol:

Back