Cracked oak

Do I hear the catch phrase "timber", nicely done on that POS! I have not posted on that thread but have been following it. Slay the two bit whure! Sorry I am a bit drunk.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hahahha...I'm not sure exactly what you just said but I am laughing anyway...thanks:lol:

Hahaha...yeah...timber!...POS...whore...drunk...a normal treeman's idea of a good time.

Thanks, Deva...I was more than glad to be able to throw out those 3 leads and then not have to chunk anything. It is still hot here and chunking takes a lot of energy for me.

Bats! Alex is probably glad there wasn't a hole up top...he had his arm thru the hinge up to the shoulder...it was full of decayed wood..could have been guano!

Plenty of solid rind for a clean fell, but not enough to get complacent. Looks like a really nice stump, Gary...perfect, near as I can see. You're improving by leaps and bounds! Excellent piece of work.

Gary: I'm just a novice climber, but I don't see a knot at the end of your lifeline..................just looking out for my fellow treeguy............

Looks like he was working with more than enough line to knot have to worry. But a good practice non the less. Was there a knot or a splice in the rope bag Gary ? :D

Ditto what Burnam said btw

Gary: I'm just a novice climber, but I don't see a knot at the end of your lifeline..................just looking out for my fellow treeguy............

A knot in the end of your climb line is a two edged sword, my friend. To a novice, it's a SOP item...but there will be times when you'll be very sorry you tied it in. Of course, there are climbers with long experience who have come to grief for not having done so.

It's one of those things that are situation dependent, and it takes some tree time to know when the situation calls for it.

Good question on the knot. There is an accessory cord loop sewn into the inside of my rope bag (I sewed it there). My life line was tied into that loop with a bowline...Basically the rope bag was my stopper knot. But thanks for asking.

I have never regretted having a stopper knot in my line. I make it a rule that we all follow. If it looks like a tight crotch, have the groundman untie it before you pull it up and through, retie before dropping the tail. Thats my SOP:)

I came past the tail of my line ONCE. I dropped about 7 feet and sliced my little hiney cheek on a birdhouse that was on the ground.

Just to say my 2 cents, I always have a stopper,
though a few times I've untied it and dropped the 10 feet or whatever on purpose.

Here is the take-down portion of the video...some "after action" video is processing.

Date was actually Aug. 18, 2011...I don't know where "February" came from..probably wishful thinking since the temp. was 95 and humidity was very high :D

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LYDdB0cJZFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is the stump and spar forensics...I could not see the movement of the crack opening when the nylon strap was removed. Once I viewed the video I realized the strap WAS holding the crack closed.

I still have to cut up the spar...haven't been back to the site yet.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h4Ed5krPPCM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back