Crabapple diagnosis help

Tucker943

Bamboo Plantation Owner
Lets hear it folks!
IMAG0078.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I whole heartedly agree jay. I looked that up and while it seeed close, it just didnt seem dead on. We will get it guys, stay with me until we do.

How about apple scab? Hot, humid weather brings it on. Only the 3rd year I have seen it in ND in past 20 years, usually too dry. Leaves fall off, usually shows up about July 1 in this area and Illinois also, if I remember right.

It is on 5 needled pines, but all rusts have an alternate host and they are extremely picky. In the case of WPBR, it is the Ribes or gooseberry family. On apples we have Cedar-Apple, Cedar-Hawthorn, and Cedar-Quince Rusts. These are the only rusts I find with apple as the alternate host.

Red flowering currant, Ribes sanguineum, is a main alternate host in the PNW. I think that the CCC may have been charged with its eradication back in the day. Didn't work.

I tried to get my wife to work in a "WPBR me, ASAP!" into a work presentation, but she's not the super joker, and its original reference a bit before her time. Pathology puns.

Back