Cold showers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
🦍 🦍

If only you could bottle that feeling afterwards!

Well yeah, if that stuff makes you feel happy and alive:drink:

Beast!!!!! 🦍 🦍 :drink:

Did it have an influence on your day?

I was awake and alert that’s for sure. Hoping to keep doing this every morning along with a light work out before anyone else is awake.

If I tried that, everyone in the house, and likely half the neighbors down the ridge would be awake from the caterwhalin!

Yall got me doing the cold water thing for my hands, really does seem to help, maybe I'll buy a trough and try the full plunge silliness, the wife thinks she might be down too.

B, the clock is ticking;):drink::dude:

I'm a degree warmer than that; when the weather's cold anyway. I have the central heat set to come on at 47°. I suppose the bedroom could be lower than that though. The thermostat's midway in the house, so it's getting more heat from the woodstove than my bedroom does. My room's the coldest in the house.

I'm a degree warmer than that; when the weather's cold anyway. I have the central heat set to come on at 47°. I suppose the bedroom could be lower than that though. The thermostat's midway in the house, so it's getting more heat from the woodstove than my bedroom does. My room's the coldest in the house.
Blaa, blaa, get it on John.

I have always slept with a window open.
The exception is like right now when it is snowing and high wind, blizzard almost.
I don't want snow drifts in my bedroom.
Today was going to be my first day in the woods after my operation, we may have a hard time even getting up there.

I have always slept with a window open.
The exception is like right now when it is snowing and high wind, blizzard almost.
I don't want snow drifts in my bedroom.
Today was going to be my first day in the woods after my operation, we may have a hard time even getting up there.
Sounds like a good excuse to postpone my friend.

Nope.
Thais got really excited when I started packing my lunch in the morning.
Couldn't let the poor fellow down.

We made it okay, fine day in the woods, lots of snow.
Dog is dead to the World, now.

Foot hurts, but not unreasonably so.

I love the plunging but have been a wuss about doing it this season. For the record, I live by a lake in Texas. That means current water temp is about 50F. Ok, maybe 48F. Still, cold.

I was hell bent on the Polar Bear thing Jan 1. So much so that I went down to that park and swam for about 20 min on the 31st. What I learned is that if you are shirtless on a dirt bike, get wet, go home. Standing around chatting for 20 min afterward until your lip get blue and then riding the dirt bike shirtless in 40F air is a good way to get sick. Ok, I didn't get sick but despite a hot shower, I could not get warm for about 6hrs.

I am going to keep it up but in the future, shirtless, then insulated coveralls on, dirt bike to lake, coveralls off, swim, coveralls back on, go home. Quickly after getting out of the water.

I love the plunging but have been a wuss about doing it this season. For the record, I live by a lake in Texas. That means current water temp is about 50F. Ok, maybe 48F. Still, cold.

I was hell bent on the Polar Bear thing Jan 1. So much so that I went down to that park and swam for about 20 min on the 31st. What I learned is that if you are shirtless on a dirt bike, get wet, go home. Standing around chatting for 20 min afterward until your lip get blue and then riding the dirt bike shirtless in 40F air is a good way to get sick. Ok, I didn't get sick but despite a hot shower, I could not get warm for about 6hrs.

I am going to keep it up but in the future, shirtless, then insulated coveralls on, dirt bike to lake, coveralls off, swim, coveralls back on, go home. Quickly after getting out of the water.
Wetsuits are cheap brother, that's what makes my kayak season a season.

Then there's this

Back