Cigarettes- do you, don't you, quitting or forgetting.

MB,
I have tried that... it definitely gets you "the fix"
I need to try again, I am thinking hypnotism may be the only way for me:|:

We are very fortunate here. Things have been pretty loose in boulder county for most of my life and recently the medical thing has gotten really loose so I did not really expect much of a cultural shift although I must say it does feel like a whole new world! I no longer feel like a criminal daily!

To tie that back to the original topic... if I could smoke herb all day I doubt I would smoke half as many cigs, herb really is medicine in SO many ways. Too bad I can't climb for sh;t and get SUPER nervous in the tree.

Who is that, Stig?

The one federal agent who made it his life's work to bully therest of the world into accepting the US stance on marihuana.
Can't for the life of me remember his name.

And as for being able to purchase and use legally in the US, that is a rather recent developement, isn't it.
I lived in the US when Nancy ran the "Just say no" campaign.
And as far as I know there are lots of people spending time behind bars in the US for simple possesion.

Jomo, when you are speaking historically, what historical period are you speaking of?
I mean, far as I know, the marihuana laws were really lax everywhere in the Pleistocene era.

Stig, there are people in the states who have been fighting for the reform of drug laws since the madness of tricky Dick and the Reagans... we are gaining ground, in both directions- in NYC you must be 21 to smoke cigs plus they cost about a hundred bucks a pack, I like that.

In regards to policies in your county, could be they were influenced by the states but it was still your gov that made it policy, no?

Actually we had one of the most liberal sets of marihuana laws in the world until about 15 years ago, when we got a right wing government.
They managed to make the above ground, not quite legal, but never seen as something worth spending police ressources on pot market into an underground thing, run by gangs of arab immigrants.
A very wise move, that.:|:

I don't get how smoking pot is ok for you, but cigs. are bad for you. Isn't ingesting smoke of any type into your lungs bad? If anyone can explain to me I would appreciate. One of the reasons that I can't find a young, reliable, enthusiastic, motivated young person to work in the woods, is because of the pot habit. When I was younger smoking it was considered strictly an after work thing, like drinking. Now these kids are waking up in the morning and lighting up, thinking that it makes them smarter.

Jomo, when you are speaking historically, what historical period are you speaking of?
I mean, far as I know, the marihuana laws were really lax everywhere in the Pleistocene era.

Sorry Stig, should have been more precise and said 238 years, the cops let George grow and smoke whatever the heck he wanted.

Jomo

Stig- I always assumed things were pretty lax for pot in your part of the world, guess not. although as the more serious issues that the world as a whole is facing become more apparent and blatant to the west I doubt many people will have time or concern for policing marijuana.

irish- I agree with waiting until the work is finished (for the most) part, shrub pruning? Ok.
And yes inhaling smoke in any way habitually is no doubt bad for your health.

"a young, reliable, enthusiastic, motivated young person to work in the woods,"

Seems to be hard to find anywhere.

I don't get how smoking pot is ok for you, but cigs. are bad for you. Isn't ingesting smoke of any type into your lungs bad? If anyone can explain to me I would appreciate. One of the reasons that I can't find a young, reliable, enthusiastic, motivated young person to work in the woods, is because of the pot habit. When I was younger smoking it was considered strictly an after work thing, like drinking. Now these kids are waking up in the morning and lighting up, thinking that it makes them smarter.

I agree old irish

So glad I never got into this stuff, it tears you down, wont build you up....always hope people can 'kick the habit'

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Old Irish, from what I understand about the differences with health concerns between the two types of smoke is, cigarettes are easily abused numerous times a day -and legal to do so. The latter is illegal and not physically addictive, making it difficult to use outside the home -and not causing withdrawals as cigarettes do. Not to mention that the modern cigarette has a slew of added chemicals. I once heard that the cigarette is one of the 20th century's greatest scientific discoveries. The way they were able to add this chemical with that chemical and have them work in perfect conjunction with one another.

The way they were able to add this chemical with that chemical and have them work in perfect conjunction with one another.

They do work very nicely.

Pat, I agree with what you said, especially the last sentence.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The pot smokers I know/knew were highly motivated and intelligent folks. I never really hung out with any other class of user. If you're dumb - you're dumb, regardless what your habits.

Tried a few cig's when I was 14. Never again.

The people I know who smoke can't afford to pay their monthly bills. Doesn't make sense to me to not take care of your family first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did it for me was my hospital stay. I always enjoyed a cig when I was hurting bad and couldn't get the same gratification from the e-cig no matter what I tried. But somehow I managed to make it in the hospital for 2 1/2 days on the patch with only one really bad spell. It was at that point I knew I could do it. I bought one more pack of smokes, called the 1-800 quit line and got my first box of patches.
Using the patches, the gum and an e-cig, I've cut them out entirely. I used the patch and stepped down, used the e-cig as I wanted, with low nic juice, and the gum to get over the rough spots.
I'm off the patches, use a piece of gum once a month or so and use the e-cig as I wish to enjoy the flavors.

The pot smokers I know/knew were highly motivated and intelligent folks. I never really hung out with any other class of user. If you're dumb - you're dumb, regardless what your habits.
I worked as a land surveyor for a few years out of high school, was promoted to crew chief and handed a couple of not so highly motivated pot smokers to tutor, oversee and try to get a little work out of. One of them was the owner's son. I quit a few months later because after they burnt the first one, they were basically useless. I confronted the boss about it and he refused to believe it or deal with it. It turned out to be a good thing for me career-wise. If they're still alive, I'd like to thank them but at the time it was pretty frustrating. I guess maybe intelligent people do smoke pot but I don't see that it's an intelligent thing to do.

Doesn't much mater if it is booze, pot or anything else.
Do it on your own time, not at work.
Pretty simple, really.

Back