Cigarettes- do you, don't you, quitting or forgetting.

Szajer

alive with pleasure
Started smoking, for 7 years -then quit for nearly 15 years, only to start up again for another 3 years.

I stopped smoking April of 2013, so I'm coming up on a year soon. But what I did take up -was the electronic ciggies. Don't know how long I'll continue to do that, but I like smoking. I don't miss the smell, the coughing, the wheezing, the mucous —and the need to always smoke to stop that little tickle you get in the throat -especially when that feeling is actually your body healing itself.

Anyway, feel great, still work on my cardio and haven't yet noticed any consequence of the e-cigs, not like cigarettes anyway. Eh, who am I kidding, Newton's third law -right?........

I smoked for 12 years, started at 14 and quit 4 years ago. I was actually in better shape then but I also worked out more. Funny u brought this up because it's been a real battle lately. Nicorette or chew just isn't the same. Never looked into the e cigs but I see they are starting to be banned in bars as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Snuff meaning chewing tobacco -or the finely ground insufflating tobacco?

I would think snuff is Cope short cut. Great with a warm pepsi watching a forest fire.

I smoked cigs for 10 years, I almost got 4 years cold turkey... Smokes still think of them with water, coffee and beer though.
They're just so bad for you. I don't think I could just have one either.

I'm fairly certain the hand rolled cigarettes I smoke are killin me, particularly my endurance.

But on the bright side of things? My used butts are a great wood boring insect killer! Without which this poor borer infested orange woulda been dead years ago.

Yu roll em up in old sheet strips or somethin and tie em to the bark like a mummy. Each watering looses a bit of toxic to borers nicotine.

But will the orange taste like a cigarette butt too, like I do?

The test will be soon now.

Jomo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 44
Never smoked, used snuff for about 18 years, quit cold turkey in 1983. A lot less heartburn, mess and expense. Snuff was up to 75 cents a can when I quit.

I've smoked for 24yrs, my partner and I stopped mid December (on my 38th B'day).
Even after such a short time I can feel the difference when I take a deep breathe.
Best thing I've done, should of been sooner, better now than never.

Smoking killed my Father, Mother and my wife's Father. Enough said. I don't understand why it is legal. Snuff? Not so bad, taste's good out in the woods, but still has risks. Whereas smoking is a death sentence.

I smoked for ten years. Quit cold turkey for two, started again for a year, now I'm off them again. This time I've taken to the E-Cig, and I honestly don't think I'll be going back. Been doing regular cardio for over a year now, and I'm in the best shape of my life.

Without tobacco, how would our govt have come up with the coin for the Louisiana purchase?

Jomo

And some of the very greatest Americans like Doug MacArthur, blew smoke up the Emperor's nose and handed him a pen to sign the surrender documents with.

Freedom to smoke whatever the heck you want is far more American than you think.

Jomo

Bullshit, it is because of Americans, or rather one American, that the rest of the world can't light up a joint in peace.

I know some Cherokee people that smoke tobacco as a sacrament. They do not inhale...

I smoke cigarettes daily that have a picture of an indian chief on the box, no respect... but I love them!

I have quit several times but stress always gets me back to smoking, this addiction is by far one of the most challenging things in my life. I love em' hate em' can't stop! Somebody help me!

I'm speaking historically mate!

I suspect the US consumes more pot than any other country.

These last 50 years or so has been more like a drawn out pot prohibition era that is finally correcting itself, and being taxed.

Jomo

Stig, I live in America and I can legally purchase and ingest Marijuana for recreational use! Not sure what/who you are talking about but things are good over here.:occasion9:

Back